Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerup-life

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to domaining and would like some help here. Any idea what might be a good asking price for all these names as a lot? Any favorites that should be sold separate? Thanks!!! :)

BUYERS.GOLD
MELT.GOLD
TRADER.GOLD
H20.GOLD
DIGGERS.GOLD
BAG.GOLD
RECORD.GOLD
ULTRA.GOLD
TROYOZ.GOLD
COLLOIDAL.GOLD
CURRENCIES.GOLD
MAP.GOLD
EXTRACTING.GOLD
BANKOF.GOLD
DESERT.GOLD
CHART.GOLD
AEROSPACE.GOLD
DENTISTRY.GOLD
MEDICAL.GOLD
ACADEMY.GOLD
1TROYOZ.GOLD
1OZFINE.GOLD
ROUND.GOLD
10OZ.GOLD
1GRAM.GOLD
COLLECTOR.GOLD
ESCROW.GOLD
ESTATE.GOLD
LAND.GOLD
CHOICE.GOLD
SEM.GOLD
VACATION.GOLD

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not sure about price or to drop but only trader.gold makes some sense. MO

•••
Lot of .gold domains, they have expensive renewals at most registrars, so it is good to keep only best names.

Now I see some nice names: COLLOIDAL.GOLD, DENTISTRY.GOLD

but many names in this list simply does not make sense.
even nice names, it will be difficult to sell, and will require probably some outreach to end users..

•••
Very cool thank you for the insight!! All of this helps! I purchased them on sale and was hoping to sell them as a small portfolio in an auction setting. Several hours of researching different industries and uses led to the list of names.

Any ideas on what would be a fair asking price for one or all? I realize there would be a difference for end user vs wholesale price.

•••
•••
My picks:

MELT.GOLD
MAP.GOLD
EXTRACTING.GOLD
1TROYOZ.GOLD
1OZFINE.GOLD

These make the most sense grammatically, given the extension.

The renewal for .gold is very high, I would just keep the ones you would personally develop/market and maybe auction off the rest.

As for price...

These are the last 4 sales according to namebio:

d.gold 1,100 USD 2016-06-28 Sedo
all.gold 600 USD 2016-06-07 Uniregistry
liquid.gold 1,350 USD 2015-12-23 Uniregistry
750.gold 750 USD 2015-08-10 Sedo

Anyway, best of luck

Last edited:
•••
Very cool. Thank you for taking time to post info for those still learning the ropes! I appreciate it! I should have checked namebio too.

•••
Not sure I would keep any of those.

•••
I hand reg. the lot of them during a sale. Yes I noticed the high renewal rate and that is why I am trying to figure out how much to start out at for an auction for 1 or all.

•••
You say you're new to domaining, so what kind of research have you done, that got you thinking you could sell these names easily for a profit ?
I would guess you spent more than 2K on these domains, instead you could have bought maybe one or two domains, but high quality ones (probably in .com), that have liquidity (can be sold to other resellers if needed).

.gold, like most new extensions, is Fools.gold. Good luck !

•••
Too bad, you have not made the research before registering the domains.
I would drop them all, and start from the scratch. But spend about 101 hours on this forum reading, before you register any more domains. It will save you money. Good luck.
Anyway, welcome to NP :)

•••
Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to domaining and would like some help here. Any idea what might be a good asking price for all these names as a lot? Any favorites that should be sold separate? Thanks!!! :)

BUYERS.GOLD
MELT.GOLD
TRADER.GOLD
H20.GOLD
DIGGERS.GOLD
BAG.GOLD
RECORD.GOLD
ULTRA.GOLD
TROYOZ.GOLD
COLLOIDAL.GOLD
CURRENCIES.GOLD
MAP.GOLD
EXTRACTING.GOLD
BANKOF.GOLD
DESERT.GOLD
CHART.GOLD
AEROSPACE.GOLD
DENTISTRY.GOLD
MEDICAL.GOLD
ACADEMY.GOLD
1TROYOZ.GOLD
1OZFINE.GOLD
ROUND.GOLD
10OZ.GOLD
1GRAM.GOLD
COLLECTOR.GOLD
ESCROW.GOLD
ESTATE.GOLD
LAND.GOLD
CHOICE.GOLD
SEM.GOLD
VACATION.GOLD

Most of the domains listed here denote the intended purpose or reason why they were released by the Donuts Inc in the first place. This is a valuable one-word, gTLD portfolio with very good SEO potential. That is. if you think "valuable" is any portfolio that exceeds $20K.
The 'true' value is relevant to the demand which would be comprised of banking institutions, jewelers, gold item manufacturers, dealers, etc. It's not the kind of asset you'd want to trade on a forum, IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
dot GOLD price at Porkbun $3.38 - renewals will be $70

Investment looks to be around $110, fully agree maybe you would have been better off only gettting a FEW then posting and getting feedback.

I don't know that you will recover even your $4 reg fee on these, but I would auction them individually on the off chance that one of them attracts interest. Use a free auction platform (like here on NP) please do NOT use a paid auction format like flippa where if you get no bids you will lose money for an unsold auction.

The only ones that make any sense to me are melt gold sem gold and colloidal gold and even so those are a long shot finding an end user

colloidal gold might be your best shot at serious outreach that could possibly be able to recover your investment

•••
I reg. the lot of them at Porkbun for just under $100. I researched on wikipedia and a few other quick search results to determine any potential single keyword domains and also industries.

•••
You say you're new to domaining, so what kind of research have you done, that got you thinking you could sell these names easily for a profit ?
I would guess you spent more than 2K on these domains, instead you could have bought maybe one or two domains, but high quality ones (probably in .com), that have liquidity (can be sold to other resellers if needed).

.gold, like most new extensions, is Fools.gold. Good luck !
I have dabled in buying domain names for last 10+ years but never explored the industry properly. I am doing so now in an effort to become more of a serous domainer. Yes I wasted lots of time and money on really bad names over the years. I purchased these new TLDs on sale. Less than $100 in all invested. ;)

•••
dot GOLD price at Porkbun $3.38 - renewals will be $70

Investment looks to be around $110, fully agree maybe you would have been better off only gettting a FEW then posting and getting feedback.

I don't know that you will recover even your $4 reg fee on these, but I would auction them individually on the off chance that one of them attracts interest. Use a free auction platform (like here on NP) please do NOT use a paid auction format like flippa where if you get no bids you will lose money for an unsold auction.

The only ones that make any sense to me are melt gold sem gold and colloidal gold and even so those are a long shot finding an end user

colloidal gold might be your best shot at serious outreach that could possibly be able to recover your investment
I just signed up at flippa a couple months ago and you are right! It has been a mixed bag to say the least. * Unrelated but I have Football.show up for auction there and I wish I had found NP before doing so. This seems like a really great site for domainers!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back