New eNom "push" rule

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch

eSology

VIP Member
Impact
4
We have as of late developed some new rules regarding pushing of domains. Upon registration, you can not push for 7 days. Once pushed, you can also not push it again for 7 days. This was put into effect yesterday, and there should be a note of some sort on the website reflecting this change as well.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
:bah: :bah: :bah: :bah:
 
0
•••
:o That should mix things up for a while.

Thanks for the notice, MajorDad.
 
0
•••
Thanks for the info.
 
0
•••
I have no problem with it. Still a better push system than GD/WWD. To me it adds a little buffer for catching people at committing fraud.
 
0
•••
I do have a problem with it being instated without notice... No word still..

This means you can't buy a eNom reg for NP$ and have it pushed to you for a week!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
This means you can't buy a eNom reg for NP$ and have it pushed to you for a week!

True, but the one who registered the name can set the nameservers and whois for you, so the domain becomes functional even before the actual push.

I think this is a good move, and will help deter fraud.
 
0
•••
I think you should be able to push it right after registration, but you should not be able to push it twice in a 7 day period.
 
0
•••
I would have to agree with you on that one KodeKing, by not being able to push your domain two times a day. I guess Enom made such a rule simply because of security, you never know until you ask.
 
0
•••
As most network folks will tell you. There is always a fine line between security and customer service.
 
0
•••
I guess this'll stop the quick 'buy low, sell high' turnaround that I've seen quite often.
 
0
•••
how do you figure plugged? If people can buy low and sell high they still will. If someone is purchasing a domain they'll be willing to wait the 7 days to get it.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by rabid_nerd
This means you can't buy a eNom reg for NP$ and have it pushed to you for a week!

I dont see it as a big problem. You must trust the seller, and thats all. Few days more or less...
 
0
•••
I think this is a really good idea!!
 
0
•••
Excllent security idea.
Similar in principle to the 60 day rule. It can be annoying and frustrating and causes some logistic problems but its very valid and needed for security issues.

I wasnt aware of this.
Glad I spotted it your post. This completely fecks up a transfer I am doing for a client from bulkregister who is already going mad with impatience... :| :yell: >:(
 
0
•••
I ran into my first "change" in my routine today. I push domains between accounts when they are due for renewal. I have a domain I just bought from someone that has 9 days left before it expires and I had them push it into my "buy/sell" account.
 
0
•••
I see nothing good about this change... it blows to me, its my Domain and I should be able to do with it as I please.

Mike
 
0
•••
Originally posted by armstrong
True, but the one who registered the name can set the nameservers and whois for you...

And the domain buyer can have the password to manage his domain before he get it in his account, right ?...

David.
 
0
•••
It this change just for normal retail accounts or does it include long-standing, trustworthy official ETP resellers ?

This couildnt come at a worse time for me.
I cant see it anywhere on the home page or my enom.
Am trying to ring them but its too early for them...13.00 GMT here.

It would be okay if I can at least push a name still into a sub-account of mine..... [crosses fingers]
 
0
•••
Originally posted by 4u-domains
It this change just for normal retail accounts or does it include long-standing, trustworthy official ETP resellers ?
It would be okay if I can at least push a name still into a sub-account of mine..... [crosses fingers]

I'm a card carrying member of the 6950.00 club. I push domains around all the time, especially between sub-accounts under my ETP account. When I tried to push a few domains recently and it said "Domain push not successful" so I sent a ticket in. Within an hour I had the response that was posted above.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back