NameSilo

New eNom "push" rule

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

eSology

VIP Member
Impact
4
We have as of late developed some new rules regarding pushing of domains. Upon registration, you can not push for 7 days. Once pushed, you can also not push it again for 7 days. This was put into effect yesterday, and there should be a note of some sort on the website reflecting this change as well.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
IMHO, I think this will start to mark the downfall of eNom.
I have really prefered them over the years but this makes me extremely concerned.

Why should there be a waiting period, it makes little sense?!
It doesn't stop fraud, there is always an electronic trail no matter how long it takes to transfer from anywhere to anywhere...

One of eNom's biggest values over all other resellers was the instant push between any account, for mangement purposes, for better pricing deals, for dealer trades etc. That's one big value gone (and I'd like to see namecheap and registerfly explain this change to domain newbies who will have little tolerance).
 
0
•••
My letter to eNom:

((ETP account Negotiating parts removed))

I AM CONCERNED about one rumor that may just kill my decision, however - it's been going around that the "pushes" that made eNom such a better place to deal with are going under a one-push-per week restriction... IS THIS TRUE?

Why a week? Why not one per hour? 6 hours? One push per 12 hours? Per day?

Or at least make it one push per x days - and the registration doesn't count.. Otherwise you can push once after registering, but not again for however long...

I can see (I guess?) the need to prevent pushing a domain between a half dozen accounts in a hours time, although I don't see what, besides the onslaught of traffic and emails produced, could possibly benefit someone from doing that.

I have in the past registered a name as a favor to someone then pushed it to their account.

I also frequently have non-eNom customers who want a name but end up liking eNom that I set them up an account.

I am very distrubed by the week-long period. I am already a sub-reseller so this affects me as well.

This change will make me hesitate to use eNom to register - I also use DirectI which I've had no problems with...
-----------------------
Herb Riede
 
0
•••
I feel your pain , Herb.

Thanks for reminding me , I will ring them now. Very unhappy.
 
0
•••
I wrote Registerfly to see if this applies to them and they confirmed it does NOT. This only applies to enom not them.
 
0
•••
If it ain't broke don't F with it, I'm certain that most of their clients are resellers which won't take well to this change, only makes things worse/harder.

Did they even bother to ask their clients what they felt before implementing this change, on the drop of a dime basically with no warning, talk about good CR/PR lol

Mike
 
0
•••
This is truly insane. I do not like this rule at all.
 
0
•••
They had an issue a month ago were an employee was selling 6.95 ETP accounts on eBay and forums. I'm glad they were caught. I think that these are just examples of how eNom is trying to tighten things up a bit.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by acts837
They had an issue a month ago were an employee was selling 6.95 ETP accounts on eBay and forums. I'm glad they were caught. I think that these are just examples of how eNom is trying to tighten things up a bit.

Interesting, I did not hear of this.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by acts837
They had an issue a month ago were an employee was selling 6.95 ETP accounts on eBay and forums. I'm glad they were caught. I think that these are just examples of how eNom is trying to tighten things up a bit.

Hm. The apparent intrusion into Grilla's enom account ( http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29760 ) could be easily explained by an insider, not a cunning hacker.
 
0
•••
wise deduction Obi-Wan...and very true.
 
0
•••
pushes

Question:

So if I have 10 names listed on EBAY and 200 names listed at Afternic I have to wait 7 days between each push?

I would be waiting over a year to get them transfered. Please advise?


Thanks
 
0
•••
I would be waiting over a year to get them transfered. Please advise?
Nono, its not THAT bad.

Any names you have in your enom account can be pushed as normal to another enom account or transfered out to another registrar. SO it wont affect sales in that respect.

It does mean, if you buy a name from someone, although you get the name instantly (unless theyve had it less than 7 days..), you will not be able to push/transfer it on for another 7 days.

AFAIK there is no differnce if its one or two hundred domains.

Where this hits the domaining community is if you are doing a quick turnaround or are perhaps buying a name for a client then you will have to wait 7 days before you can hand it over. This looks a bit unprofessional and risks upsetting a client to an extent.

In this scenario, just use another registrar.
If youre not planning on selling a domain within a week then use enom as usual....

Well, thats how I read it anyway !
 
0
•••
Originally posted by 4u-domains
In this scenario, just use another registrar.
If youre not planning on selling a domain within a week then use enom as usual....

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I guess Enom's been getting too much business and wants to give other registrars some of their money, since people will use another registrar when they need to push a name without waiting a week.

Looks like a bad move overall.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Riceman
I wrote Registerfly to see if this applies to them and they confirmed it does NOT. This only applies to enom not them.

That may be an answer out of ignorance at the moment.

I highly doubt a senario where eNom's internal system enforces the delay yet somehow their sub-contractors (however large) like registerfly and namecheap are not affected. Wouldn't make any sense.

Unless this was a test or emergency lockdown of some kind (here's hoping) I *still* don't see any kind of official word on it?

Still absolutely nothing in their help system which usually is most up-to-date:
http://smb.attenza.com/frontend/kb/article.aspx?ArticleID=1038149
http://smb.attenza.com/frontend/kb/article.aspx?ArticleID=1037854
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Look for yourself. Although I did just push about 10 domains into a sub-account that have been purchased in the past 24 hours. I also pushed "back" one to the original account. But then I went to some domains that I have bought from some other people 5 days ago and no dice. Below is the response I just recieved.
 
0
•••
OK. Now I just tried to play ping-pong with a domain by pushing it back and forth between parent and sub-accounts. Look at the response now.
 
0
•••
Keep the ping-pong going, acts. Maybe you can crank it up to 3,4,7, 100 pushes in a 7 day period! :p
 
0
•••
Hey Tom, my atari game must be broke because the pong stopped pinging. Now I must wait 7 days before game play resumes with that domain.
 
0
•••
LOL!!!
 
0
•••
Good job Acts, great info.

I've yet to see how my scenario pans out.

If it goes wrong I will be giving them a call. If that doesnt work I will, at least, point out how this could be losing them business...
Hopefully it will be giving them food for thought.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back