Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

New Domainer

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Makir

New Member
Impact
11
Hello everyone, my name is Manuel

I live in Switzerland and work as a Hearingaids-Specialist.
I am a newbie in the world of domains, but the last few weeks a read many blogs and tutorials and I want to start investing in domains myself. A few years ago I bought a domain for myself but I didn't do much with it. My plan is to use this domain as a place for my future domain-portfolio :) Is this a good plan? How do you display your portfolio?

What would you like to specifically learn first?
I would like to learn first how to get the feeling for which is a good domain and which one not. I have already the app domaingame on my phone where you can guess the prize of a sold domain. Also I would like to learn selling strategies. I bought already 2 domains but I don't know yet if there worth something.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
It would be nice domaining becomes a second income. Or maybe fulltime domainer? Is that a thing? how many of you do this fulltime? I started now with a relatively small budget. My plan is to buy mostly deleted or new domains, and try to sell them. If I make profit then I will also try my luck in domain auctions. If I don't make any profit and use up my budget I don't know yet what I will do. I think I will pause domaining for sometime and just read domainnews and blogs until i feel ready to start again.

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
Mostly I started because I wanted a new hobby/income. For me its like a project right now. And if its successfull I will continue :)

Cheers Manuel
 
Last edited:
10
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Welcome Manuel!

Best of luck!
 
9
•••
Welcome to NamePros!
 
7
•••
Hi Manuel and welcome to NPs
 
7
•••
Welcome and all the best.
 
6
•••
Halloa.
 
6
•••
Welcome! (y)​
 
6
•••
Hello!

Welcome to NamePros!
 
6
•••
Welcome @Makir and thanks for the nice introduction. Your plan to start out as a part-time domainer is a good one, as it takes awhile to learn the craft.

As far as learning to evaluate domain names, a good place to start is the Report Completed Domain Name Sales section - that will give you a good idea of types of domains that are selling.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-676#post-7050131

Read a lot, buy a little, and try to be patient as you dive into this fascinating venture.
 
6
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)
 
6
•••
greetings @Makir and welcome to np
 
6
•••
Hi Manuel, welcome to NamePros!
 
3
•••
3
•••
Hola Manuel

Best of luck with your new venture (y)
 
4
•••
Hi and thanks at all for the warm welcome :)

Welcome @Makir and thanks for the nice introduction. Your plan to start out as a part-time domainer is a good one, as it takes awhile to learn the craft.

As far as learning to evaluate domain names, a good place to start is the Report Completed Domain Name Sales section - that will give you a good idea of types of domains that are selling.

Read a lot, buy a little, and try to be patient as you dive into this fascinating venture.

And thank you for the link I will look into that, @J Sokol :)

Cheers
 
1
•••
Welcome to NP
 
1
•••
Hello,

Welcome to NamePros
:xf.smile:
 
1
•••
Hello Manuel and welcome to name pros!
 
2
•••
welcome
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back