Dynadot

domain New Domainer: Portfolio Thoughts? - GreatestLifestyle.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raiders1157

Impact
Hi everybody. I’m new to domaining but I have been building and sellings sites on and off for years on Flippa.
So, I’ve bought plenty of domains over the years, but it was always with the idea to build a site out on them.

Someone offered me $1,000 through GoDaddy a few years ago for a domain I had plans to build out. When I didn’t hear anything back from my attempt to negotiate, I just took the $1,000. Back then, the money was needed.

Now, I want to approach selling domains, not so much websites anymore, with a more long term, patient mindset. As in, I do not need to make a sale anytime soon. I’ve been reading plenty of posts on here and I’m seeing a pattern of holding domains for 7+ months, even 2+ years. I’m not expecting anything to happen in the next year.

Pricing. I have no idea how to price my domains.

From reading through the Report Completed Sales thread, I’m seeing all kinds of numbers. I’m caught between wanting to price low & very reasonable and leaving money on the table. But I’m seeing experienced domainers saying that pricing low can create a perception of low value and sometimes pricing higher actually makes a sale more likely.

So, I’m looking for any thoughts/appraisals on some of my domains. This is a sample of the 100ish domains I have, most of which were bought with the intention of creating a content site to flip.

Domains bought over the years with building websites in mind that I now want to sell on their own:

AdviceForGuys.com
AnswerQueen.com
LaptopInsider.com
AskTravels.com
DiscoverBiking.com
WeeklyGuy.com
ProMeditate.com
CoastClicks.com
AboutVegans.com
DiscoverProtein.com
GreatestLifestyle.com
BoxingDirectory.com
VacationAlways.com
LandscapingAnswers.com
HealthWishlist.com
WhiskyReviewer.com
AnyProtein.com
TreadmillResource.com
SleepTotal.com
PuppyKnowledge.com
MasterJuicing.com
AlarmsGuide.com
TipsForGolfers.com
DoggySwag.com
HabitHealthy.com

And domains bought recently to flip:

LandmarkCrypto.com
SecuringJobs.com
EnjoySobriety.com
EmbracingCrypto.com
CoachedToSuccess.com
AthleteAnswers.com
PreviewMortgage.com
TelemedicalJobs.com
DecentralizationMatters.com
CoreChiropractor.com
EasierDivorce.com
SecurityFraudAttorneys.com
RehabNorthCarolina.com
TrackingHabits.com

I know there’s a lot there, so even just opinions like ”Take anything anyone will give you for that one” or ”Hey, that’s not too bad. Try to get $x,xxx for that.”

Any thoughts would be great!
I feel like I know what I can get on Flippa for sites, but when it comes to domains I’m lost.
I have most of those domains listed on Afternic, probably priced way too high.

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some decent picks there for someone kind of new to it. Nothing premium status in this group, but the kind of names you price between 988 and 1988 and see if some sell.

Good luck!

•••
Some decent picks there for someone kind of new to it. Nothing premium status in this group, but the kind of names you price between 988 and 1988 and see if some sell.

Good luck!
Thanks!

•••
AboutVegans.com = Mid-xx to Low-xxx
BoxingDirectory.com = Low-xx to High-xx
SecuringJobs.com = Low-xx to High-xx
TelemedicalJobs.com Mid-xx to Low-xxx
TrackingHabits.com High-xx to Mid-xxx
All the rest = Mid-x to Low-xx

•••
Mmm, fair attempt. A good portion of these may find some thin XXX value, with the right buyers. IMO

•••
Thanks for taking the time to go through them! Appreciate it.

•••
Mmm, fair attempt. A good portion of these may find some thin XXX value, with the right buyers. IMO
Thank you!

•••
What do you think the best way to sell those kinds of domains would be?
I’m using Afternic.
Buy It Now $499 and min offer $99?

•••
How do think I could get that kind of sale?
I’m on Afternic and am okay with waiting 1+ year. Doesn’t need to be a quick sale.
Buy it now $999? $499? Min offer of $99?
What price range have you seen success with for those kind of domains?

•••
For someone new in domain investing, you've got good eyes for names. I say this not because I like the names enough to want to own them but in comparison to what other newbies register. With your mindset of not wanting quick money, I think you will succeed as a domain investor, if you put in the work.

On the names you posted, I think your pricing of 499 is fair. Just list on the popular marketplaces for maximum exposure. And since you have a fair knowledge about web development, you should be able to pinpoint some possible end-users you can pitch the names to.

Going forward, I will advise you try registering names that startup or existing businesses would want to use as their brand name. AboutVegans and SmartVegan are good names but one is appealing as a brand name than the other. I hope you get the gist?

PS: You write well btw.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back