IT.COM

New Domain Scam? "I just tried registering (domain), but unfortunately i s

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
:hi:

I just received this email copied below.

The Sender tells me he knows a way to generate a couple hundred dollars a day with my domain and in only 20 minutes.

Notice the Sender offered to buy my .US domain for $500.

I pasted a few snippets and the email address from the email into Google.

A couple of Indonesian and Thai discusion forums came up and seemed to be talking about receiving a variation of this same email.

The link in the email redirects to: 7 Ways To Internet Riches .com

That site supposedly has an anti-spam marketing policy so i will forward the email and the Senders Affiliate link to them.

Anyway I am posting this here as there is not that much on Google yet.

The offer to buy the domain for $500 could be enticing to someone.

I don't know what would happen if I offered to sell the domain but I don't want anyone to fall for a ruse.

Here's the email (with my domain & email removed):

About you domain (your domain).us
Tuesday, June 1, 2010 2:06 PM
From Michael Ainsworth Tue Jun 1 18:06:48 2010
X-Apparently-To: email address via 66.196.97.51; Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:06:52 -0700
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: none (mta190.mail.ac4.yahoo.com: domain of [email protected] does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-YMailISG: g6zy8tgcZAqfqdIFI_E9aCdAZDZhWvMlInbEvxSIbjFvtU7AVo.zpPOWl6caSurY56glFMNeaSKUaQeZSWXEawTLr7GawLWyQa9R64hDY8L5Ohb421Tkr1snFhQCBsdrNg.XFsCDXj72hA01okVk67bCokZE.QxMgUArVqYb5IZfSYU1NNP9RXODRKMnZhKAJjaHwtzCkASkym9Rp8VW4M34ezEFZjSlhg0xV__9gOgMsDnxUGHEcqiSy2iudoxyOGYA_eGWIlRozK32sqVGa1a4x5GcxPU6qAqUnMM9K1aQ8jRlptuZP0EJIY_e1lS69wGdriKAIXRKE9tI0vO5sEIwSztw7Hl35AMXw5cI4LbolwXAGEd8Jhqia5IwmlCvfYTGELVHBbfCP_SvrW5Z4GIHag7_hjTanjEC5D5cNRbgNvAoeV930ZcZa5l8WDbnjTEJGcrZSS1jUrD7mfMM10Ol9g7Bru0VvanvKjoWLL7jVN74KszyqEEVjs1FOWDgJ1ilQP2XLWLaL8tU2f89jr6ciffyNq2v9JLtUpsJNPm69CneMF12ai40q4qZwSH934rMFV3Q2F9gg_J.JQckbFEUWzXCdzEfZTf5r.b2GOiHNeFeNQ--
X-Originating-IP: [72.167.82.81]
Authentication-Results: mta190.mail.ac4.yahoo.com from=customadsensedesign.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=customadsensedesign.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO p3plsmtpa01-01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net) (72.167.82.81) by mta190.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:06:51 -0700
Received: (qmail 6902 invoked from network); 1 Jun 2010 18:06:50 -0000
Received: from unknown (94.76.252.100) by p3plsmtpa01-01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (72.167.82.81) with ESMTP; 01 Jun 2010 18:06:50 -0000
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:06:48 +0400
Subject: About you domain (domain)
Michael Ainsworth <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To: "my email" <my email>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Length: 1017
Compact Headers
Hi,

I just tried registering (your domain).us, but unfortunately i see you've already registered it yesterday.
I'm an online marketeer, having over 200 domains in my portfolio. (not trying to brag lol...)

Anyway, I know of a method that can easily make 175$ - 250$ a day with (your domain).
It only takes about 20 minutes daily, so I suggest you take a look at it!

Just enter your name and email at the following page and you'll get the details in your mailbox:
http://www. customadsensedesign.com/makemoney .html
If you need help with it you can contact me (AIM : m.ainsworth)

However it does only work if you're from the USA or CA. If you're not, I'd be more than happy to buy the domain from you for 500$.

Greetz

Mike
PS. why am I telling you this? Without other people's help I wouldn't be were I'm right now, so I might as well give something back!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You missed out removing your domain "Anyway, I know of a method that can easily make 175$ - 250$ a day with" i think :P

•••
•••
Not much of a scam, since the link don't work.

•••
This is undercover spam for a get rich quick product. Here, he is offering you the choice of $500 for the domain or $250 every single day. The choice is a no-brainer and their hope is that the unsuspecting fall into the trap.

These "make money online!" losers will say anything. The stupid thing about this group is that literally 99% of these guys are failed webmasters, yet they will show you how to get rich for only $99.

•••
Not much of a scam, since the link don't work.

Stub,

The link did work earlier but actually I didn't intend to put a clickable link. I made some adjustments now.

I should have checked my posting more carefully.

I sent a copy of the email and the Affiliate ID of the sender to the company operating the '7 Ways To Internet Riches' program.

Perhaps they removed his affiliate ID so the link won't work.

But the link was only part of the email.

The other was the offer to buy the domain.

And the sender's email may still work.

Since there isn't much on this email (scam?) yet , I wanted to bring it forth so no one falls for it.

This thread is already on Google so it could have someone.

•••
This is the same person that sent me this email in January:

Hello,

I'm the domain manager of a webdesign company in Manhattan, NY.

One of our clients would like to make a generous offer of 3000$ for the the domain (xxxxxxx) you purchased on the 10th of january.
Our payment options are bankwire, paypal, western union & moneybookers.

If you are willing to sell your domain for this amount (non-negotionable), please get back to us asap so we can make all necesarry arrangements!
If we don't get a reply (pos. or neg.) within 3 days, we'll start looking for another domain for this project.

Sincerely

Kevin Brown
Domain Manager
Custom Adsense Design
http://www.custom/adsense/design.com
marketing/@custom/adsense/design.com

I just got the "new" email a couple days ago:

Hello,

I just tried registering xxxxx, but unfortunately i see you've already registered it yesterday.
I'm an online marketeer, having over 220 domains in my portfolio.

Anyway, I know of a method that can easily make 180$ - 250$ a day with xxxxxxx.
It only takes 25 minutes daily, so I suggest you take a look at it!

Just enter your name & email on the following page and you'll get the details in your mailbox:
http://www.custom/adsense/design.com/make/money,html
I had it on my blog, but had to remove it due to copyright issues.

However it does only work if you're from the USA or CA. If you're not, I'd be more than happy to buy the domain from you for 600$.

Greetz

Kevin (AIM: K.Ainsworth)
PS. why am I telling you this? Without other people's help I wouldn't be were I'm right now, so I might as well give something back!

My name must be better because he offered me $600:lol:

I think the best part of this email is when he says "I had it on my blog, but had to remove it due to copyright issues." And then refers to his blog which is a trademark violation

Last edited:
•••
My name must be better because he offered me $600:lol:

Okay rub it in. :'(

Thanks for posting your story Grina.

:D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back