NameSilo

New $6.95 pricing from Hostway

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
For those of you who don't sometimes click:

Hostway Announces New Domain Name Pricing

"June 10, 2003 -- (WEB HOST INDUSTRY REVIEW) -- Hostway Corporation (hostway.com) announced today it will register new .com, .org, .info and .biz domain names for $6.95 per year. In addition to sole ownership of the domain, customers will receive free domain name forwarding, a Web-based control panel, renewal protection, and an advertisement-free ‘under construction’ page."

Thanks for the post, vivnet! They'll make the real $$ on value-added hosting plans, naturally, IMHO. I like Hostway. :)

•••
Looks very promising. I'm curious to see how their interface is and if they allow free and easy pushes to new owners. If so, they'll have a great shot at attracting domain resellers.

•••
If they going to allow free and easy pushes, i will love to use hostway in the future!

•••
Hostway started offering this a while ago. I guess it never reached here. I think it has been going for maybe a month now. I heard a few troubles with it over at WHT. I cannot remember particulars though.

•••
•••
Neato!
In the future maybe I'll use them :)

•••
From their site: www.hostway.com

"With Hostway as your registrar, you are getting the BEST deal on the market. We are offering you a full year’s registration for less than you have to pay for fast food! That’s right a year’s registration for just $6.95. We know and want you to know that you don’t have to pay more than that."

I'd be curious as to what may have been said about them ... positive or negative. Personally, I'm going to be contacting them, as I already am using them (hosting) for another site of mine ... and for that ongoing price, consolidation may be a viable option (for me).
Will keep you folks posted.
PS. The "free push" feature will be integral in my eventual decision, as well. ;)

•••
They eat expensive fast food... nepal costs me under 1$....

•••
So it's that cheap and there's no catch?

•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
So it's that cheap and there's no catch?

Seems so ... but I have not yet spoken with them for my personal situation (as described above). I think the "free push" will be one big item that MAY prove to be a "catch", but I'll reserve judgement until I have a chance to clarify. Hoping Koho will post back here, as well.
Let's all talk to 'em, and report back here with the findings.
Deal? :)
Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back