Domain Empire

.us Neustar's Rep Sequeira full of Bullshirt

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HeyNow

MemberRestricted (85-100%)
Impact
Back in early March of 2009, next to a picture of Ivor Sequerira, DNjournal highlighted Neustar with this paragraph:

"Sequeira's company, Neustar, operates the .US registry and he thinks America's often overlooked country code extension represents an excellent investment opportunity. Sequeira acknowledged complaints from current .US holders that the registry had done little to promote he extension and said that was about to change as they are planning to launch a new promotional campaign. Sequeira also said many registrars have not given the extension the kind of visibility it deserves but he predicted that you will soon see much more activity surrounding the .US brand."

Here we are, nine months later, and Sequeira has proven to be a BS-er, unless that I missed that "new promotional campaign." Did anyone else see that promotional campaign?

I like the way Sequeira blames the registrars: "... many registars have not given the extension the kind of visibility it deserves ...". What a bunch of B.S. Why should the registrars get behind the extension when a mouthpiece for Neustar is full of complete B.S.?

Here's another example of an industry insider willing to lie to DNjournal's readers, knowing he'll probably never be held accountable for those lies. At very least, Sequeira doesn't feel the need to follow-up and update DNjournal with exactly why we haven't seen results based on what he promised back in March?

It's time for domainers, and the likes of DNjournal, to hold the companies and their BS-ing spokespeople accountable for what they promise, and voice our anger with our wallets. It would be a shame to have to let a few hundred-thousand .us names drop in order to motivate Neustar to get serious and quit treating us as though we are complete idiots. We get enough of that from some domain auctioneers and their employees, we don't need any more of it from the registries.

Perhaps a follow-up column in DNjournal could address this issue. That would be some good journalism.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What were their promotional plans anyway? Or did they just pretend they had some?

•••
Instead of running your mouth without knowing what they have done.

If you PM me, I will give you his email address and you can ask him directly. However, his goal is to increase marketshare and mindshare of the .us space. He does not give a damn what .us names are selling for.

What have you done to promote .us names?

•••
It's quite easy to run our mouths, when nothing seems to have been done to increase the public's awareness of the .us extension! In April 2010 it will be 8 years since the extension became available!
What are the chances it ever will catch on now with the way the economy is going?

•••
The economy has nothing to do with lack of promotion of .us.

•••
That is true, I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. ;)

I was reading another forum before this thread, a post about the dollar crashing, and some new world order plot to destroy america. Got stuck in my head. lol

•••
Instead of running your mouth without knowing what they have done.

If you PM me, I will give you his email address and you can ask him directly. However, his goal is to increase marketshare and mindshare of the .us space. He does not give a damn what .us names are selling for.

What have you done to promote .us names?

1) I don't want to PM you, nor send him and email. He probably has a boss, and that boss is responsible for getting him to follow-up on his promises, not me. I'm a consumer, Neustar's customer. If they want to pack sunshine up my ass (and yours) through a low-level employee, then obviously there's little they are willing to do for us, the customers.

2) No one asked him to "give a damn what .us names are selling for." Aftermarket sales of .us names are really confidential, and non of his business anyway. As far as what the registrars are charging for unregistered .us names, I've seen new reg's for as low as $4.99. Typically, new reg's are under ten bucks. So he's full of crap when he blames registrars for not doing their part to help the .us extension. Complete crap.

3) What have I done to promote .us names? I've invested lots of time and money in Chicago.us. You can go there and find a real working website. So far it's cost lots of money, and I resent jerkoffs like the Neustar mouthpiece packing sunshine up my ass after I do my part. Furthermore, it's not my job to "promote .us names." It's my job to try to make my website successful because Chicago.com is taken by someone else. Neustar isn't doing much to help .us become as important as .com. Not even trying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back