Dynadot

Network Solutions will not transfer a domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BuyMy.com

Established Member
Impact
Have any of you had trouble transferring a domain away from Network Solutions? I have been trying since July and keep getting the run around. They even made me fax my state ID and signed letter asking them to unlock and transfer the domain to my GoDaddy. I did this and they still keep giving me the runaround.

I am wondering if this is just a fluke or if they are one of those annoying high-pressure, upsell, tar-babby kinda companies.

Please help

Joshua

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no fluke.
many report issues and problems to transfer.
among other shortcomings of NS as well.

there was a recent thread on np about a free transfer promo to ns gone wrong.
you can find some more info there about transfer issues etc.

gl

•••
Have any of you had trouble transferring a domain away from Network Solutions? I have been trying since July and keep getting the run around. They even made me fax my state ID and signed letter asking them to unlock and transfer the domain to my GoDaddy. I did this and they still keep giving me the runaround.

I am wondering if this is just a fluke or if they are one of those annoying high-pressure, upsell, tar-babby kinda companies.

Please help

Joshua

Try filing a complaint with the BBB, they'll answer within a week and most likely resolve your issue to save face. Worked for me.

•••
Are you able to phone them? The excuse I use that gets them to give up the code is I sold the domain and the buyer wants it somewhere else. Also stay on the phone with them until you actually receive the code in email.

Else you can let them know you are filing an ICANN complaint against them, here's the ICANN complaint form
https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form

Please select the applicable option: *
My registrar does not allow me to transfer my domain name
My domain name was transferred without my authorization
The Registrar must have denied the transfer, but it was allowed to proceed
My registrar does not allow me to change the registrant’s information
My registrar allowed a change to the registrant’s information without authorization

•••
I have phoned twice, given run around.
I already have auth code and tried twice recenly to transfer, they blocked
I filed with icann as you suggested.

•••
•••
•••

You can pick complaint or review, either should work to get a resolution.

•••
Else you can let them know you are filing an ICANN complaint against them, here's the ICANN complaint form
https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form

Please select the applicable option: *
My registrar does not allow me to transfer my domain name

ICANN accredited registrars are required to supply authcodes and permit transfer - or risk losing their accreditation.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

3.7 Upon denying a transfer request for any of the following reasons, the Registrar of Record must provide the Registered Name Holder and the potential Gaining Registrar with the reason for denial. The Registrar of Record may deny a transfer request only in the following specific instances: etc...

and:

5.2 Registrars must provide the Registered Name Holder with the unique "AuthInfo" code and remove the "ClientTransferProhibited" within five (5) calendar days of the Registered Name Holder's initial request

Last edited:
•••
That is tough, I do hear from time to time a lot of issues with Network Solutions and also the fact that they charge insane renewal fees.

I lucked out recently when a domain had reached the expiration date and I called them and said I want to transfer out, they gave me a 15 day extension in order to process the transfer and I was surprised it went so smoothly.

- Will

•••
Yeap, we've had something similar happen. Get them on the phone. Should speed up the process.

-Omar

•••
Sounds like account verification issues though.

•••
Happy to say I now have the domain. ICANN replied and within hours I had the domain within my account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back