NameSilo

Netscape 7.01 problem

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys,

I have a dhtml page that I've been working on for a while and my last issue seems to be with NN7

It works perfectly in all other browsers I've tested it on such as NN4, IE6, Opera

The problem is with my bottom part... the links just don't seem to work on NN7

I put my mouse over the links and nothing happens..

My best guess is that there's some kind of issue with relative positioning..

here is how I'm defining my bottom part in my CSS file
#bottom { position:relative; visibility:show; z-index:2; margin-left:0px; margin-top:0px; left:-170px; top:30px;}

this div is nested in my maintext div so that I can position the bottom based on the length of my text.. here is how I'm defining my text
#text { position:absolute; visibility:show; margin-left:190px; margin-top:110px; z-index:1; width:580px; font-size:13px; font-family: Trebuchet MS, Verdana, sans-serif; font-color: #000000}

also.. it seems that when I highlight the text and bring it down with my mouse so it highlights the bottom part too.. this actually gets the bottom part to work and the links become clickable.. it's very confusing I know :(

heres a link to the URL i'm reffering to.. you obviously won't see the problem unless you view it with NN7

the bottom part being where the copyright and Privacy and Legal are :)
http://www.bgidesign.com/GCMHTMLV.2/GCMHTML/index.html

This is a shot in the dark but I would really appreciate it if anyone knows how to fix this..

Thank you kindly in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I viewed your site with Netscape 7 and I see what you're talking about, but I'm not sure what would be causing it. I think it would have something to do with the absolute and relative positioning also. If I come across anything I'll let you know. :)

•••
Thanks man..

I've posted it on a couple of other boards but so far nothing..

I'm starting to really hate all this browser compatibility stuff.. I miss my Flash.. lol

anyway... thanks again :)

•••
Have you tried putting the code in a seperate html file with only the css you need for that particular part to work to test and see if it works when it's not mixed in with all that other code?

That may help you narrow it down some.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back