Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

NETQUOTE trademark?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

mitch007

Top Member
Impact
1,089
Is the insurance comparison company NetQuote.Com a trademark protected by law while at the same time there is a Net Quote stock market company in Australia using the same the same name?

http://asx.netquote.com.au/


Can two diverse organizations possess the same trademark and IF WE register a NetQuoteSomething.Com are we breaking trademark law? Please discuss asap.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
Yes I believe they can. However neither "netquote" nor "Net quote" is a TM in Australia as far as I can see (using http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon.application_start)

The way I read it companies need to protect their brand by registering TMs within each country the trade.

Not sure about your last question - I'd think you'd be OK
 
0
•••
0
•••
Thanks for the info. I believe you are right about the TM. But the confusion sets in when 2 different companies with different products to peddle in different parts of the world use the same name. I wonder who holds the possible TM, if either of them do. I, too, cannot find a "trademark registered anywhere. Confusing, imo.

But not taking chances on this - just not worth it. I'm getting rid of it.
 
0
•••
But the confusion sets in when 2 different companies with different products to peddle in different parts of the world use the same name.

That's why it's not a TM problem though.

TM problems are when things are "confusingly similar" not confusingly different.

TM search ACME. You will find dozens of marks but for many different uses.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back