Domain Empire

advice Need your advice to help selling my domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

linuxfreak

Living in Command LineRestricted (85-100%)
Impact
Hello there. I announced my 4L.net domains for $10 each, but not even 1 sold yet. I could not even receive a pm. Where am I making mistakes? I need the advice of friends who are experienced in domain sales.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So what would you recommend me to do with these domains? Distributing for free is also an idea :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hard to recommend what to do, because whatever action would you be taking in order to hold them, it would require more time and energy to be consumed than the return you are expecting! So, just move on to something more predictable!

•••
I would stay from .net names. Stick to .cm and get some sales under your belt.

Try sell them to another extension owner if you can.

•••
Hello there. I announced my 4L.net domains for $10 each, but not even 1 sold yet. I could not even receive a pm. Where am I making mistakes? I need the advice of friends who are experienced in domain sales.

Currently, there are still CVCV .net brandables that you can get for reg fee so it will be difficult to sell LLLL .nets such as yours.

However, there are companies who may appreciate your letter combinations. I agree with @lock : find firms with the acronyms of your .nets.

If you are gonna develop your own site, you are on the right track with .net (next to .com), just choose the word or letter combinations well before the dot.

If you are gonna sell it, ask yourself if you want the end user to get the best fighting chance in the SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Positions/pages) no matter if it would be harder for you to get available one-word domains. These .tlds have better ranking potential: .com, .net, .org , .co, .io, .tv.

You can check the tlds of the websites in the top 1 million at domaintyper.com. You can also glean similar data at domainnamestats.com

If you are thinking of end users who have deep pockets though who might be willing to gamble on new tlds for several years, taking the risk of whether they might get better positioning chance in the search engines later, look at available one-worders at tld-list.com

•••
Hi,

Take it as a lesson. .net is a sellable extension but require some time. Don't get disappointed if no one bought your name here. NamePros is a domainer to domainer platform. I have seen many names get sold to end-user where the same name here not got a $1 bid.

List your domain on every aftermarket platform and use good parking lander.

In the last domaining require lots of patients.

@gilescoley wanted to write 'Stick with .com' but wrote 'Stick with .cm'.

Last edited:
•••
Stick to .cm and get some sales under your belt.
:xf.eek: And you feel .cm domains will help get sales for him?? Not some of the better advice you've given!! :xf.wink::xf.grin:

•••
Hi,

Take it as a lesson. .net is a sellable extension but require some time. Don't get disappointed if no one bought your name here. NamePros is a domainer to domainer platform. I have seen many names get sold to end-user where the same name here not got a $1 bid.

List your domain on every aftermarket platform and use good parking lander.

In the last domaining require lots of patients.

You are correct. One of my friend sold "kali" domain for $600. I tried to sell kali.info but no one interested. Anyway, thank you very much for your great advises, I will follow your words.

•••

Register on ebay and try to sell them on 7 days auction starting from 1 dollar with no reserve and there is big chance to sell each for $10 or more if they are 4L pronounceable .

Last edited:
•••
Register on ebay and try to sell them on 7 days auction starting from 1 dollar with no reserve and there is big chance to sell each for $10 or more if they are 4L pronounceable .

It's not possible. eBay requires pappal account for selling any item and paypal is banned from turkey.

•••
I did see your .net sales thread. And I have to say I did shake my head, as in No chance in .net. .Well certainly not here.. Instead of trying to follow what other people tell you is Popular try to play to your strengths, What you know and understand about the business side of the Internet. Take in what you see around you regards to Domain usage (I do mean the REAL world - not a domain board)- Don't see many 'Random' and unpronounceable four letter nets in use ??. then don't be buying them

Last edited:
•••
:xf.eek: And you feel .cm domains will help get sales for him?? Not some of the better advice you've given!! :xf.wink::xf.grin:

@gilescoley wanted to write 'Stick with .com' but wrote 'Stick with .cm'.

Ouch, yeah ignore my advice O_o :xf.smile: I did mean .COM :xf.smile:

•••
I need the advice of friends who are experienced in domain sales.
I too am working on getting a sale and I am in year two but will add my experience.
I could not even receive a pm. Where am I making mistakes?
Apologies in advance in case I seem condescending as your account says you joined namepros in May2020 so it could be that you are new to namepros but not new to domaining. I will assume you are new to domaining as well. Apologies if this is a wrong assumption on my part.
I had the same experience about a year ago. I posted some names like E x b r o w s e . Com, H e r b f r u i t . Com, i n k w e t . Com, s u b s w i t c h . Com which I hand registered and thought were decent and possbly low $,$$$ in retail value so a $100 asking price on namepros was reasonable. Never got a single response. Not even a lowball counter offer. I tried responding to some buyer requests and no feedback. I too didn't know if it was the type of domains, or the buyer had other interests, or if it was the price, or maybe newer domain sellers have to establish credibility before namepros could start buying their names... I really didn't know.
. I announced my 4L.net domains for $10 each, but not even 1 sold yet.
Domains are illiquid assets with an exception of domains like L, LL, LLL, N, NN, NNN, dictionary one word dotcoms etc. Even names that sell for up to six figures can take years to sell. It is even harder for names with lower vale as there is a greater supply than demand for domain names. I have come to learn that quality has a different meaning to each person. Some value resale potential, domain age, search engine ranking parameters, backlinks, type in traffic, length of the domain, parking revenue and many others and it can be easy to be told a name has value or doesn't have value but you need to analyze the opinions and advice to confirm that their assesment applies to you.
At first glance I felt the domains you listed for sale for even $10 were not worth much but my research is focussed on brandables so I am biased. So I did a quick look up in namebio and found some of the following sales:

ocbc (dot) net
Sold: 17Apr202
Price: $156
Venue: Godaddy

gfna (dot) net
sold: 02May2020
Price: $145

ahrq (dot) net
Sold: 28April2020
Price: $105
Venue: Dynadot

isst (dot) net
sold: 13May2020
Price: $237

xlpp (dot) net
sold: 17May2020
Price: $160

cbtu (dot) net
Sold: 13May2020
Price: $1,188
Venue: Buydomains

lvse (dot) net
Sold: 13May2020
Price: $403
Venue: Dropcatch

hltm (dot) net
Sold: 03May2020
Price: $200

The above are domains that most would say are worthless, pigeon poo if you asked someone like Rick Scwartz but for a beginner testing a strategy or with little or no initial funds, any profit is good if the model can be repeated until the domain seller finds (or can afford) a more effiecient and/or profitable model for making money from domains.
I won't say the 4L nets you tried to sell are worthless or that they are worth something and keep going but the above sales show that it is possible to make a small profit even with the domains you are trying but you have to do indepth research into 4L nets and see why they are useful to the people who buy them and how that can be replicated as it may be new domain speculators buying domains without doing any research into their potential value or it could be experienced investors betting on the future that at some point in the next 10 years these domains may be worth something meaningful or it could be end users with a real use ofr the domains. Research, lear a lot, test theories and assumptions before scaling up. Have a few domains to test a theory, if it doesn't work, leave them and read more and test another theory you discover during your learning until you find a strategy or model than can be repeated but remember most domains are illiquid and it takes at least one year to test if anyone may be interested in a domain and many experienced domin investors and/or speculators will recommend keeping a domain for at least 3 years.

•••
Your assumption is correct, i am a rookie on domain business and there is so much to learn. I lost a domain for $1 and very soon i will add a great domain in my potfolio. Frankly, I'm afraid to lose this domain name too. 3 char com domain, 2 numbers and 1 letter but it has a good combination.

•••
Your assumption is correct, i am a rookie on domain business and there is so much to learn.
I consider myself an advanced beginner until I make a few consistent sales. There is a lot to learn. Also on the namepros forums, under Niche discussions there should be threads on 4L dotcoms and 4L dotnets since that seems to be an area you are interested in you may read topics there and learn what you can. You can also use the search option to search topics or type of domains you are interested in. Good luck to the both of us.
(y)

•••
My second $1 lost seems very close :) I guess it's trying to learn by losing.

•••
Give it away if you think they are not good enough.
Honestly, it is better not to have bad names your portfolio. Make your portfolio beautiful!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back