Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Need some Joomla assistance.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

jimb0t

Marketing MachineEstablished Member
Impact
3
Ok here is the issue I am having with sh404SEF and I am not totally sure about how to go about fixing this.

If you navigate to

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/modular-play-events.html

And select one of the categories, for example "Convertibles" you will be sent to the page

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/convertibles.html

This is correct representation of what I want to show with my slider system for this category. All these subcategories have a set URL in sh404SEF which can be accessed from the product pages (Product dropdown, top menu).

However when I am on a slider page such as,

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/convertibles.html

and I try to select a subcategory from the left select box, the page shifts to index.php. I need it to switch to the correct corresponding SEF URL. If I select Crawl Tubes it should be

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/crawl-tubes.html

but instead it is

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/index.php.

Since it is pulling directly from the database and it is pulling this link

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/index2.php?option=com_vm&Itemid=82&child_select[]=368&lang=en&task=search (Which is the page without the full page template)

Is their anyway I can make this sub category switcher user the SEF friendly URL's?

Everything works fine SEF wise except these pages which the subcategory menu pulls directly from the database.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
jimb0t said:
Ok here is the issue I am having with sh404SEF and I am not totally sure about how to go about fixing this.

If you navigate to

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/modular-play-events.html

And select one of the categories, for example "Convertibles" you will be sent to the page

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/convertibles.html

This is correct representation of what I want to show with my slider system for this category. All these subcategories have a set URL in sh404SEF which can be accessed from the product pages (Product dropdown, top menu).

However when I am on a slider page such as,

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/convertibles.html

and I try to select a subcategory from the left select box, the page shifts to index.php. I need it to switch to the correct corresponding SEF URL. If I select Crawl Tubes it should be

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/crawl-tubes.html

but instead it is

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/index.php.

Since it is pulling directly from the database and it is pulling this link

http://staging.miracle-recreation.com/index2.php?option=com_vm&Itemid=82&child_select[]=368&lang=en&task=search (Which is the page without the full page template)

Is their anyway I can make this sub category switcher user the SEF friendly URL's?

Everything works fine SEF wise except these pages which the subcategory menu pulls directly from the database.
1/ Make sure the correct setting have been made in "global configuration"
2/ make sure htaccess.txt in the base directory has been renamed to .htaccess this is essential for the SEF urls to function.
3/ As your site uses joomla 1.5.x sh404sef is NOT Needed as SEF URLS's functionality is already builtin to joomla.
 
1
•••
Lets start with basics, what version of 404sef are you using?
index.php on default configuration is used on pages that lead to a "folder" instead of a file. Are you using VM and if so what version?


ps: sh404sef may not be needed for Joomla 1.5.x but its absolutely necessary if you are using Joomfish in the fear of duplicate content.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
on!SPOT said:
Lets start with basics, what version of 404sef are you using?
index.php on default configuration is used on pages that lead to a "folder" instead of a file. Are you using VM and if so what version?


ps: sh404sef may not be needed for Joomla 1.5.x but its absolutely necessary if you are using Joomfish in the fear of duplicate content.


Joomla Version 1.5.3
sh404SEF 1.0.16_Beta - build_222
VirtueMart 1.1.0

It is on an IIS server using ISAPI Rewrite.


I am just not sure how to solve this issue for these pages seeing as they are being called through index2.php and the template is being called again through index.php.

on!SPOT said:
Lets start with basics, what version of 404sef are you using?
index.php on default configuration is used on pages that lead to a "folder" instead of a file. Are you using VM and if so what version?


ps: sh404sef may not be needed for Joomla 1.5.x but its absolutely necessary if you are using Joomfish in the fear of duplicate content.


Also I will be using Joomfish.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back