Need review - MexicanRoutes.com + Forum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I also plan add later forum and in a few years make my own website, not wordpress, and the right sidebar will be the same width as the left one..

Last edited:
•••
@Sami Ketolainen, thanks a lot for your review.
I know I need advanced search engine, I will add it later in a few months.
I already have a page for upload guest posts: http://mexicanroutes.com/free-dofollow-backlinks/
And also have this page: http://mexicanroutes.com/support-us/
But I am still not sure, I need to redesign all header menu and add submenu etc, I have more pages I just dont know where to link them.

You must organize your website better. That is a good page and I think you need to re-name it for something better. Like "Share Your Travel Experiences" or something like that, but it need to be much shorter than my example.

Some travellers doesn't even know what is backlink and I think it's not relevant on travel websites that you will get a free backlinks. Basic idea is that customer can share their travel experiences at Mexico and then other people who loves to travel can read those stories.

Organize, make little design changes, be accurate and transfer yourself from the owner of the website to the visitor of the website. What your page needs, is there everything relevant information, how I can contact to these guys - Basic things, you know.

Thanks
Sami

•••
More opinions and suggestions, please.

I already have content for spanish version, so need to be sure the structure is ok and clon it for spanish version.

The website get now 40-60 daily unique visits, from which 25-30 is organic traffic.
For website with not original content it is not so bad I think. Anyway, even the content is not original, but it is good organized and clean.

I also would like make backlink exchange.

Last edited:
•••
Guys, please, review my website and leave me a feedback.

•••
Nice looking site, very colorful. 700+ pages indexed in google and #1 for search term " mexican routes"
You've done good

•••
Nice looking site, very colorful. 700+ pages indexed in google and #1 for search term " mexican routes"
You've done good
Thanks, but need something more to add before to clon it?
I need to add 2 additional language versions, so need to be sure everything is ok.
Fonts, structure, colors, etc..

Last edited:
•••
I reg MexicanRoutes for 2 reasons:
1. it was aviable for hand reg
2. it matches with the idea of the website: to create a lot of routes for download or by demand, I mean make itinerary ready for just use it to make travel. after i add more destinations, i will make 7 days routes, 14 days routes, 21 days routes etc... mexico colonial, mayan routes, central mexico etc... they are routes, so the name comes from this idea...
I would preffer something like mexico360 but it costs a lot of money, and my budget is reduced just to hand reg :(

I build and sell websites all the time. 20 years and counting.

I like it but I would advise that the first image would be a map of Mexico (I have visited) with some dotted lines on classic tourist routes, just to visually backup the domain name. Apart from that and the lack of monetization, I think it looks good and has potential as a responsive app as well.

How to get there, history etc. Excellent. I would use this.

•••
I build and sell websites all the time. 20 years and counting.
I like it but I would advise that the first image would be a map of Mexico (I have visited) with some dotted lines on classic tourist routes, just to visually backup the domain name. Apart from that and the lack of monetization, I think it looks good and has potential as a responsive app as well.
How to get there, history etc. Excellent. I would use this.

Thanks, jamesall.
You mean Frontpage map or Frontpage header slider?
The content area has a Mexico map.
But you right, better use map with routes.
I will find out how to add routes to Google map or will make my own map image aas in Routes section:
http://mexicanroutes.com/travel-routes

PS: the website does have monetization, I just dont want to use annoying adsense banners, but I sell space for banners and make reference inside articles, but it has to be Mexico related travel service:
http://mexicanroutes.com/advertise-with-us/
I already sold a few "reference" and banner space.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, jamesall.
You mean Frontpage map or Frontpage header slider?
The content area has a Mexico map.
But you right, better use map with routes.
I will find out how to add routes to Google map or will make my own map image aas in Routes section:
http://mexicanroutes.com/travel-routes

PS: the website does have monetization, I just dont want to use annoying adsense banners, but I sell space for banners and make reference inside articles, but it has to be Mexico related travel service:
http://mexicanroutes.com/advertise-with-us/
I already sold a few "reference" and banner space.

Frontpage header slider... now when I think about it... old worn paper... frontier explorer map... could be cool.

I like the cowboy image. That is what europeans would be looking at.

Last edited:
•••
Frontpage header slider... now when I think about it... old worn paper... frontier explorer map... could be cool.
I like the cowboy image. That is what europeans would be looking at.
It is too difficult, maybe impossible to use a map in header slider.
Mexico shape is square and not a horizontal rectangle, so if I want to use the map as slider, it has to be more height than it is now, and this big image will bother.

•••
It is too difficult, maybe impossible to use a map in header slider.
Mexico shape is square and not a horizontal rectangle, so if I want to use the map as slider, it has to be more height than it is now, and this big image will bother.

No I mean just an image of a map (not all of mexico either . just what fits) with some broken lines marking routes. Doesn't even have to be real.

•••
Mayan trail

mayan trail.png

•••
•••
•••

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-4_17-35-55.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-4_17-35-55.jpeg
    932 KB · Views: 212
•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes, I told you before.
But it doesnt match with homepage slider style, so I made something different..
Delete it from slider then?

Slider is great... just would be great with a few pins on a route on your map.

Looks great as it is now too.

•••
We daily updating content...

We are updating our content daily.

•••
•••
more opinions and suggestions, nPros?

•••
slider takes too long to load.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back