Dynadot

Need information on Graphics Software

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey guys!

I am a newbie here and I have no knowledge about graphics. My brother is bitten by this graphics bug but he always cribs about not having the latest software. So I decided to buy him one for his birthday. I believe this will be the best gift for him. After I googled, my entire search zeroed in on CorelDraw graphics suite X4. Being a non techie I want to know about the user friendliness of this product before my bank account gets lighter by hugh amount. As his birthday is round the corner this website promises to deliver the product in one day. http://www.checkoutsoftware.com/corel/coreldraw-graphics-suite-x4_p4441 Guys please help me out in selecting right graphics software.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Graphics Design Software

Pesonally, I wouldn't buy Corel. I've used it and it can't touch Adobe's PhotoShop Suite. PhotoShop is pretty much the standard as far as graphic design software goes...

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/family/

More expensive but it's the best. But it does have a HUGE learning curve - however, there are lots of resources online to assist....

•••
I'd suggest Photoshop too. Buy your bro the Adobe Creative Suite instead of CorelDraw Graphics Suite. A combination of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Fireworks can just do wonders...

•••
Photoshop is the industry standard. Corel is for non-professionals.

•••
Me too, I'm not a Corel fan either. Adobe Photoshop is the way to go, or Adobe Illustrator depending on the kind of graphics he wants to create.

•••
Photoshop is my suggestion
on this.
Photoshop has more supports from tutorial all
over the web.
you'd better choose it.

•••
Im with everybody after using both.. go for photoshop..

•••
corel draw is the basic thing.you need to know when starting graphic designing.but once you are expert with it..you look for something better.so I guess everybody here are with photoshop.is youre brother a beginner or expert?know it and make your choice

•••
Well, I used PaintShopPro8 for years while everyone else was on the photoshop bug. Personally, I think they're exactly the same as far as being a powerful software- however photoshop is the more renound name. Kind of like Garmin is to GPS. Not saying it isn't good, but I feel like alot of its popularity is a name.

Now, Adobe Illustrator on the other hand might be a very good program to buy (or if you could shell out the money for the suit that packages Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and PhotoShop together that would be an amazing present) Illustrator works more with vector graphics then photoshop does.

They're all very very good.

•••
Pesonally, I wouldn't buy Corel. I've used it and it can't touch Adobe's PhotoShop Suite. PhotoShop is pretty much the standard as far as graphic design software goes...

Adobe - Adobe Photoshop Family

More expensive but it's the best. But it does have a HUGE learning curve - however, there are lots of resources online to assist....

+1
I think this too...
Photoshop is enough...

•••
There many graphical softwares like maya ,3d max.To my opinion you can gift Maya.It will be really useful to the graphic desigining person.so you can gift it to your brother ,for more details for purchasing it search on google.

•••
The main program for graphic design is Adobe Illustrator then comes Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop is pixel based and the view will get pixelated when you zoom in too much. Illustrator is a vector based program and it will remain crystal clear even if you zoom 6000 times. Therefore for typography, logo design and icon design the standard program is Illustrator. Photoshop was created as a photo editing program.

Adobe Illustrator: For creating icons, logos, and other graphics. Typographic design.
Adobe Photoshop: For photo editing. Also good for web page design and text effects.
Adobe Indesign: Designing print media. Magazines, booklets etc.
Adobe Flash: Creating web animations, flash banner ads etc.
Adobe Dreamweaver: Creating websites.

If the person doesn't have Illustrator and Photoshop you should buy these. They come bundled as CS4 (Creative Suite 4) along with other programs. Buying a 3d design program like Maya to a graphic designer who doesn't have illustrator is like buying a designer bag to somebody who doesn't have any shoes to wear.

Last edited:
•••
i agree with erdic..

but to all those corel haters..

ive been in this field for hmm 7 years or more...

i use Ai, Photoshop, flash, dreamweaver and COREL DRAW!

seriously corel have something where Ai doesnt have. And AI have something which corel dont..

so..its depends on what kind of artwork that you going to design.

i use indesign for making magazines and stuff..but seriously i can do those in Ai also..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u guys can check out at deviantart what software did those vector people from indonesia use to make all those OMG artwork. COREL!

so..it depends..

cheers:wave:

•••
Go for Adobe, apart from Corel Draw.

I've used PSP X2 and it's no where near as good a Photoshop.

•••
Both Coreldraw and Photoshop are good softwares. Coreldraw has some limitation which Photoshop overcomes. If he design logos mainly, he needs Coreldraw, and if he does website designing, banners etc, then he needs Photoshop.

•••
corel draw is mostly a beginners choice.professionals prefer photoshop mainly

•••
Go for photoshop cs2 - it is the best software for graphic..

•••
Better go for Photoshop and at least CS3. I never use coral draw, not i hate it, but most tutorial at the web are Photoshop tutorial rather than coral draw

•••
Graphic Design

There are many good graphic software that you can use to be able to enhance your design. You can use Swish for doing animation and Adobe Photoshop for editing your pictures. I use this software to enhance my pictures and i can say these software's is better.

•••
All are like coral, movies maker , flash etc the best but on of the best is photoshop because i known in the photoshop any thing we can do if we use photoshope than have't required for any speciale type work for any other software .so it the best.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back