available Need ideas for domain name

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

GeoSnake

New Member
Impact
0
I've been using the domain video-game-info.com for the past few years. I like the "name" but the domain is a bit of a pain. No one likes hyphens. I've been thinking of changing for a while, but I'm not sure what to change to

I have had the name for a while and don't want to change to an entirely different name. Please include "V" "G" and "I" somewhere in the domain.

Some ideas I had



VGInformation.com

videogamei.com

vgamei.com

vg4i.com

vgi.me

videogameinfo.net

Taken domains (Don't suggest these): videogameinfo.com, video-game(s).info, vginfo.com/net, v-g-i.com, vgi.com/net, videogi.com,

Anyone have ideas? If not, what domain out of those do you recommend? Any advice is appreciated.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Of these choices, videogameinfo.net blows em all out of the water - especially if you're switching from video-game-info.com. A good move, if you ask me. The rest of the options aren't worth considering. I'd say VGinformation.com comes in a distant second, because when I see VG out of context I'm more likely to think "very good" than I am "video game," but maybe that is just me. Plus, videogameinfo.net also leaves you with some nice keywords for the search engine.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
PM sent.
 
0
•••
PM sent
 
0
•••
I agree with Gradius. I too would suggest videogameinfo.net It is also better from Search Engine Optimization point of view.
 
0
•••
Okay, thanks for the suggestions.

I'd like to make it clear that I am not looking to buy from people re-selling their domains. I'm looking to get fresh domains (Un-registered).

For some reason a moderator moved my thread to this section.

I was thinking of getting country domains (.ws, .me, .it etc.)

Are those all lousy? I thought they might be worth a shot since they allow me to get domains that I normally wouldn't be able to, and since they are a little shorter than top level domains.

I noticed nobody here recommended a country domain which I found rather odd.

I also noticed no one recommended vgamei.com or videogamei.com even though they were shorter, and .com which are generally preferable to .net. Would either of those domains be bad choices?

I'm honestly very surprised that videogameinfo.net was the most popular choice, as it was probably my last pick.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I notice you're ranked twice in the top 10 on google for video game info . If you're going to switch domains, you might end up losing that ranking and you don't want to do that.

If you just want to give your users a shorter domain to access, I'd suggest you pick up vgi.me (since it's the shortest) and redirect it to your current domain so that your regular users can access the site through vgi.me and you'll continue getting search engine traffic from google at video-game-info.com.

Another suggestion: Never post any unregistered domains that you plan to register, at a domain forum :)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Videogameinfo is the best for you. It included keyword also and people search videogame or game info so your site will be indexed.
 
0
•••
These were all available today:

VideoGameDiscover.com
VideoGameEnergy.com
VideoGameHelix.com
VideoGameDetails.com
VideoGameInteractive.com
 
Last edited by a moderator:
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back