Domain Empire

Need help on determining if we should purchase a DN with alternate spelling

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

j_sun

Impact
Hi All,
I've been given an assignment that has pushed me out of my comfort zone a bit. I'm up to it because it's forcing me to learn about something I'm not that familiar with.
Our current DN has the number "1" in it as opposed to the word "one". The DN with the word "one" at the end is owned by:

Domain Status: REGISTRAR LOCK
Registrar: Korea Information Certificate Authority, Inc. dba DomainCA.com

I've been asked to determine the max value we should be willing to pay for this. I've done some free valuations on the web but from what I read they aren't really that helpful. (They range in value from $1200 USD to $11k USD)

What is my best approach to finding this value?

Thanks,
Jason

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been asked to determine the max value we should be willing to pay for this.

Tell your boss to calculate the benefit to the business of having the name.

The max value you should be willing to pay is anything less than that number.

•••
Tell your boss to calculate the benefit to the business of having the name.

The max value you should be willing to pay is anything less than that number.

That is actually what my boss has asked me to calculate. It is a bit of a stretch project to get me experience in a new area.

I got the info below from a domainindex.com valuation report. Does this tell me anything useful? If not, what specifically do I need to look for?

nnnnnn.com value rankings
value rank (global): -
value rank (com): -
nnnnnnn.com search volume in Bing, Google & Yahoo
Global broad searches for "nnnnnnn.com" 0
Global broad approximate CPC 0 USD
Global broad competition for "nnnnnnn.com" 0% low
Global exact searches for "nnnnnnn.com" 0
Global exact approximate CPC 0 USD
Global exact competition for "nnnnnnn.com" 0% low

Global broad searches for "nnnnnnnn" 1,625
Global broad approximate CPC 3.21 USD
Global broad competition for "nnnnnnnn" 76% high
Global exact searches for "nnnnnnnn" 175
Global exact approximate CPC 1.86 USD
Global exact competition for "nnnnnnnn" 33% low

Global broad searches for "nnnn nnn" 75,625
Global broad approximate CPC "nnnnn nnn" 3.44 USD
Global broad competition for "nnnnn nnn" 10% low
Global exact searches for "nnnnn nnnn" 738
Global exact approximate CPC "nnnnn nnn" 2.83 USD
Global exact competition for "nnnn nnn" 95% high

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
I would say you are losing some traffic to alertone.com. It's anybody's guess how much traffic/business you might be losing. I would approach this differently. Why not ask them for a price on this domain. I wouldn't tell them who you are buying for though. Just send them a generic inquiry asking for a price (not from the company email address). I'd use Google Translate in order to send your inquiry in both English and Korean, with a disclaimer that it is translated by Google Translate. Then you have a price to negotiate from. This method cuts out all this stuff and gets you down to the core issue.... how much are they willing to take to part with the name. Then it's only a matter if you can afford it or not. It would be arrogant of me to say you need this domain, but your business would be better having it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back