IT.COM

NEED CREATION of ORIGINAL DOMAIN-RELATED CONTENT

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
We need domain-specific content. A lot of it. All original, all informed, and all professional. Oh…and did we mention that we need a lot of it?

We are a leading provider of membership-based domain intelligence and analytics for Web site owners, domain name investors and brand agents.

We’ve been looking for a writer for our current project. Quite frankly, though, we’re having a pretty tough time finding writers who are qualified to speak in an educated voice about domain names, domaining and related issues.

We are currently soliciting bids from qualified writers for the creation of content to flesh out our new Education section. Submit your proposal, get selected as our writer and you'll have your work all over one of the domain industry's most significant Web sites—and one of the most heavily trafficked Web sites in the world.

Please read the requirements below in full and follow the instructions.

Please PM me by 12pm Pacific Time on 2/19/2010 with your bid for this project. I will respond to everyone who sends a bid by deadline time.

Please submit any general or specific questions about this proposal, the project itself, or the weather in your home town as posts on this string. I will check this board daily and post answers to any [half reasonable] questions for the benefit of all.

We’re really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks so much for your interest, and good luck!

Content Population of the “Education” Section

The Project
We are currently soliciting bids from qualified writers for the creation of content to flesh out our new Education section. With traffic of millions of unique visitors per month, you’ll definitely be getting your work in front of a lot of eyes!

We will be introducing a new Education section to our Web site, and are currently accepting bids for content creation for this section.

We are seeking a writer to provide content. The writer we select will demonstrate knowledge and experience in the field of Internet domain names, particularly as that field concerns Web site owners, domain name investors, and those who are charged with protecting their firms’ trademarks.

The writer we select will be hired to provide 45 (forty-five) original articles of substance, as described below. This content will be posted on our Web site without byline, in original and/or modified state, and will become our exclusive property, along with all subsequent rights of exclusive ownership.

Target Groups
Content will be created to appropriately address four target audiences:
  • Beginners
    Visitors to our Web site who know very little about domain names.
  • Webmasters/Web Site Owners
    Visitors to our Web site who are actively involved in the management and/or production of one or more Web sites.
  • Domain Name Investors
    Visitors to our Web site who purchase and hold domain names as investments.
  • Brand Agents
    Visitors to our Web site who are tasked with protecting their company’s intellectual property.

Deliverables
The deliverables for this project are as follows:

1) Article Topics
The selected writer will generate a list of 60 rough article titles (not polished titles, but titles specifically communicating the general content of the article). Each of these rough titles will include the writer’s determination of whether that title would be a 500-word article or a 1000-word article. Each of these rough titles will also include the writer’s determination of the Target Group (see above) that specific article would primarily address. The writer will take care to ensure that each Target Group is represented roughly equally in the list.

From this list, we will select the 45 articles we would like produced.

Upon notification of article selection, the writer will select (with our approval) one of the titles from this list and produce a complete article. The writer will submit the article, and may receive one round of revision requests—the writer will submit any such revision as requested.

At this point, we will provide feedback and the writer will either be directed to continue, or we will elect to discontinue the relationship and pay the writer $100.00.

2) Articles
If we elect that the writer should be accepted, the writer will produce:
  • 30 (thirty) 500-word articles
  • 15 (fifteen) 1000-word articles
The writer will adhere to the agreed-upon process (see below).

Please Respond With:
  • A general description of the services you provide
  • A general description of your process
  • The geographic location from which you provide your services
  • A description of your experience and knowledge of internet domain names, the domain name industry, and intellectual property/trademark issues in the context of domain names
  • Three writing samples (strong preference goes to respondents with writing samples that demonstrate experience in the subject)
  • A suggested process for completing this project which will be fair to both parties. Process should include mechanisms for draft submission, revision requests, determination of project completion, etc.
  • Time requirements
  • 5 titles for potential articles, with at least one targeted to each of the Target Groups listed above—please indicate the Target Group for each.
  • Bid in US dollars

Subject Ideas
The list of subjects below is not a list of requested articles, but merely a list of some of the topics we would like covered. Obviously, some of these subjects would be combined and covered in single articles.

As such, please do not consider this an exhaustive list of the subject matter we want covered, but, rather, a guide to assist you in getting an idea of the range of subjects we’d like addressed.

• Internet Protocol and the Domain Name System
• What is a TLD? List of all current TLDs and restrictions/rules for each
• What is ICANN and what do they do?
• What is the authority of ICANN?
• What is a domain name registrar?
• How can I get my own domain name?
• Rights and Responsibilities of Registering a Domain Name
• Can I register any domain name I want?
• Why do some people/companies have such large collections of domain names?
• How to Determine the Value of Your Domain Name
• Can I change registrars after registering a domain name?
• Registering ccTLDs
• The Domain Name Life Cycle and Rules for Each Phase
• What does it mean when a domain name expires or is dropped?
• What are the benefits of registering a dropped domain?
• How can I find out what domains are dropped or will soon be dropped?
• How do I register a recently dropped domain name?
• The Dangers of Registering a Dropped Domain Name
• 10 Ways to Become a Better Domainer
• How to Backorder a Domain Name
• Domain Parking Vs Domain Development
• How to Monetize Your Domain
• How to Avoid Trademark Infringement when Registering Domain Names (and what are the risks if I don’t avoid it?)
• How Domain Name Disputes Are Resolved
• Choosing the Right Domain Name for Your Business
• The Ways a Domain Name Can Influence Search Rankings
• Can other people register domains using my trademarked terms?
• What Kinds of Domains Should You NOT Register?
• The Advantages and Disadvantages of Private Domain Registration
• Strategies for Selling Your Domain for Maximum Profit
• How can I protect myself against trademark infringement?
• Selling Your Expired Domains
• Tips For Protecting Your Domain Names
• "Generic Words" as Domain Names
• Defending Yourself Against Domain Name Reverse Hijacking
• How Do I Find Someone Who Would Want to Buy My Domain Names
• A Guide to Acquiring Domain Names on the Aftermarket
• Tax Rules for Domainers
• Pricing Your Domain Names for Sale
• Domain Name Appraisals
• Secret Tips: Unique/Original ways to use our Web site
• Domain Jargon 101: Commonly Used Language in the Domain Industry
• Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy
• Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (15 U.S.C. sec. 1125)
• Finding Available Domain Names

We appreciate your interest in this project, and look forward to receiving your proposal. Good luck, and thank you!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Really? There's nobody here interested in this project?

You should read it again...or forward it to a friend...or something...because this is a very good opportunity for a client ("us") whose name you're very familiar with...

•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back