Peta-Gaye Campbell

Established Member
Impact
I have two domain names that I am considering to buy

Kwickcryptocoin.com
cryptocoinpurses.com

Both were valued over $1000 USD on GoDaddy.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't do it. maybe cryptopurse.com if the price was right, but I've never heard it called that.

•••
Don't do it. maybe cryptopurse.com if the price was right, but I've never heard it called that.
Thanks...what about cocryptocoin.com...this was generated with a domain name searcher and is valued over 1300 USD

•••
•••
Those generators will spit out anything, and godaddy or estibot will get you excited every time. cryptocoin.co may not be such a bad name, please visit namebio.com regularly and see what's selling before you dive in.

•••
Those generators will spit out anything, and
godaddy or estibot will get you excited every time. cryptocoin.co may not be such a bad name, please visit namebio.com regularly and see what's selling before you dive in.

OH ok

•••
Take the advice and pass up on these.

•••
•••
Never, ever use automated tools for creating names or appraising names

•••
Do NOT buy these domains. Really bad and worthless!

•••
Never, ever use automated tools for creating names or appraising names
Based on what I was told by other brokers...this was a great way to go

•••
Based on what I was told by other brokers...this was a great way to go

No, thats not correct. Which broker said this?
I think you will find brokers wont be interested in names like this. You are better on here learning as much as you can about domaining and research what makes a domain valuable

Check out namebio and dnjournal to see recent sales

Try think of words that:

Go well with the other keyword (looks and sounds)
words that are related to the niche (cloud niche - words like these would be a good fir....solution, services, storage, online, server, guru, pro, group, tech, etc)
Have a good sales history

•••
I agree with those that discourage you from purchasing them. Automated appraisals should only ever be a small part of your valuation of a potential name, never the main or only consideration. The names seem a stretch to me, and with three parts like cypto + coin + purses there are so many possibilities for similarly 'good' names that the uniqueness factor is not there. Also, while a lot of interest in crypto names, also a huge number competing for buyers. Congrats on wisdom of asking for advice before registering, though!

ps Let's look at economics. I looked on NameBio sales involving the word 'crypto' over the past month. There were 48 sales and while the average price was $740, the median was $280. The vast majority are two part names (e.g. CryptoPlatform in org sold for $116 or CryptoAtlas in com for $134), so the likely value of a three part would be lower than median. Let's say maybe $150 if it does sell. Of that commission would take at least $15 so you have $135. Do you think there is 1 chance in 13 that one of these would sell in a one year period (just to break even on average)? I don't think so!

•••
•••
Those generators will spit out anything, and godaddy or estibot will get you excited every time.
Indeed:

CryptoPotato.com
icn-godaddy-valuation.png
Estimated Value: $1,415 :ROFL:

•••
•••
looks like Idaho is purchasing cryptocoins heheh

•••
I agree with those that discourage you from purchasing them. Automated appraisals should only ever be a small part of your valuation of a potential name, never the main or only consideration. The names seem a stretch to me, and with three parts like cypto + coin + purses there are so many possibilities for similarly 'good' names that the uniqueness factor is not there. Also, while a lot of interest in crypto names, also a huge number competing for buyers. Congrats on wisdom of asking for advice before registering, though!

ps Let's look at economics. I looked on NameBio sales involving the word 'crypto' over the past month. There were 48 sales and while the average price was $740, the median was $280. The vast majority are two part names (e.g. CryptoPlatform in org sold for $116 or CryptoAtlas in com for $134), so the likely value of a three part would be lower than median. Let's say maybe $150 if it does sell. Of that commission would take at least $15 so you have $135. Do you think there is 1 chance in 13 that one of these would sell in a one year period (just to break even on average)? I don't think so!
Thanks
So how do you choose a great domain name to resell it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back