IT.COM

domain natural.energy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

samharrison7

Impact
I'm interested in the potential value of natural.energy, and any general thoughts on the value of the .energy TLD. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm interested in the potential value of natural.energy, and any general thoughts on the value of the .energy TLD. Thanks!
I am stating the obvious here, but:
  1. It is a superb across the dot match. It is a premium renewal fee I presume?
  2. There have not been a ton of .energy sales (here is NameBio list sorted by price).
  3. I see that UV in the extension sold 4-figures this month at Sedo (maybe in 2L auction?)
  4. I checked on dotDB and NaturalEnergy is registered in 61 TLDs, a very healthy number. I did not investigate how many are truly developed but you should.
  5. Quantum .energy and Sun .energy both sold around $5k and are probably good comparator sales but natural maybe slightly less.
  6. I have not clearly thought about potential end use cases, which is clearly the key question. Maybe a micropower provider for remote energy sources using small scale hydropower, small scale wind or solar implementations, etc. might be one possibility.
  7. I didn't do it, but would see what search volume and CPC were for "natural energy" and compare to "quantum energy" for example.
-Bob

PS Probably also potential application in the natural foods, healthy lifestyle sector.

Last edited:
•••

Not really. ;)

It's a premium domain but the renewal is not overly expensive, so you might actually make some money here, but maybe try some outbound before the renewals stack to an uncomfortable amount. The domain itself looks and feels good, but I'd look more into health foods than energy sector tbh. Disclaimer: I don't do outbound and I don't dabble in registry premium domains, so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

•••
•••
Thanks both, that's really useful info. On a quick look at search volumes, "sun energy" is trending similar to "natural energy", but "quantum energy" a bit less. I like the idea of trying some outbound.

•••
$99 to $365 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back