Dynadot

NamesCon Deleted From Domaining.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Addison

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
That's not cool. NamesCon is the biggest and best domain conference, and I must assume they already paid once. Why would the new owner have to pay again?

WorldHostingDays has probably never even heard of Domaining.com. :-/

•••
Perhaps NamesCon took a huge credibility hit after this type of judgement error:

tldinvestors.com/2015/02/selling-a-domain-name-namescon-session-with-adam-dicker.html

Know what I mean?

•••
That's not cool. NamesCon is the biggest and best domain conference, and I must assume they already paid once. Why would the new owner have to pay again?

WorldHostingDays has probably never even heard of Domaining.com. :-/

Or there was friendly gesture and strategic listing that was offered :P

•••
I'll tell you what happened, Francois Carillo, that's what happened.

•••
Tonight I noticed that NamesCon's blog was deleted from Domaining.com too!? Once I noticed that, I began reading articles about the acquisition of NamesCon and discovered these comments on DNW:

Francois says
August 19, 2016 at 11:14 am
Not sure if it’s the new or old owner but I noticed today they dropped the “I love domaining” badge they were showing in their pages for years. No bueno…

Steve says
August 20, 2016 at 3:12 am

Francois of Domaining.com, your comment here exemplifies your behavior that’s often hidden behind closed doors: you’re a bully.

You need to stop strong-arming everyone to bow to you and your badges that are against Google’s guidelines. Your attitude and self-entitlement are the reason we get a bad rep.

Do you know anyone else who calls people out publicly and blacklists them from a site for not showing a badge? Come on, man. Show some class. Quit the antics.

That explains it! What a shame that site is run by Francois.

I'll use NameBee.com instead.

•••
a8fdf58a7e4760e3326f70b6888ea724.jpg

•••
I was just at domaining.com and looking at domains for sale, top right. And 3 of the 5 names seem to be owned by Francois [Domaining.com]. That's a good way of bumping the paying customers' ads down the list.
And I like how it shows a price on the listing, but if you click it, the bin is higher.
Thanks for that link to namebee.com
I noticed he does the same thing to companies that pay to be in his Domaining Directory, bumping them down the list using his own companies so they have to keep paying $100 more to return to the top above his services:
That's not cool, either.

Funniest picture I've seen in a long time! :'(

•••
< not a reader of the site.

and haven't missed anything i can't find elsewhere

imo...

•••
•••
Hello,

Domaining.com is near 10 years old now and the way it works has always been the same:
Get listed in the directory or RSS news feed is FREE, there is only a setup fee to pay and the requirement to post a text link or badge to domaining.com
For the deal be fair the rules must be followed by all and it's what I try to monitor.
As I commented in DNW, NamesCon was very aware of the rules and decided itself and without telling me to break it for unknown reasons, as a result their site was dropped from domaining.com
There is no other reason and they are very welcome to apply to be listed again if one day they want to come back.

Regarding the listings in domaining.com, rankings are based on the insertion date so it's normal mine be listed above, now one may outrank me just paying a single time $100 fee.

Regards.

•••
•••
Domaining.com is near 10 years old now and the way it works has always been the same
There's one rule every website can depend on:

Internet Rule #1: Stay stagnant in your ways and you will be replaced. Guaranteed.

Get listed in the directory or RSS news feed is FREE, there is only a setup fee to pay
You do realize that having to pay a setup fee means that it is not free, right?

I can't believe I have to explain this, but that's like saying the new iPhone is FREE, you just have to pay a one-time $600 fee to walk out of the store with it.

the requirement to post a text link or badge to domaining.com
After 10 years, it's time for you to get with the times and stop enforcing this requirement. The top search engines have all stated that this is unacceptable link building, yet you're forcing websites to hurt their own rankings to satisfy your outdated and discouraged SEO tactic.

Are you a black hat SEO website or are you a domain news site? I really can't tell.

their site was dropped from domaining.com
Does this make you feel good? Almighty and powerful? NamesCon is an important company in our business, and for you to treat them this way over an antiquated rule that shouldn't exist to begin with is absolutely ludicrous!

they are very welcome to apply to be listed again if one day they want to come back.
Do they get to come back for FREE as long as they pay a $1000 setup fee? :'(

•••
Sorry I never visit your blog today Francios. Don't your emails usually come out on mon/wed/fri?

I never got around to marking you as junk yet, but I will say i never seem to get your news letter.

Don't forget to mention that to your paid sponsors

•••
Sounds like business as usual. I am sure of one thing it don't affect me either way. lol

Last edited:
•••
Why don't people use RSS readers? There are lots to choose from. Feedly, InoReader, TheOldReader, Digg, AOL Reader, etc.

•••
There's one rule every website can depend on:

Internet Rule #1: Stay stagnant in your ways and you will be replaced. Guaranteed.

You do realize that having to pay a setup fee means that it is not free, right?

I can't believe I have to explain this, but that's like saying the new iPhone is FREE, you just have to pay a one-time $600 fee to walk out of the store with it.

After 10 years, it's time for you to get with the times and stop enforcing this requirement. The top search engines have all stated that this is unacceptable link building, yet you're forcing websites to hurt their own rankings to satisfy your outdated and discouraged SEO tactic.

Are you a black hat SEO website or are you a domain news site? I really can't tell.

Does this make you feel good? Almighty and powerful? NamesCon is an important company in our business, and for you to treat them this way over an antiquated rule that shouldn't exist to begin with is absolutely ludicrous!

Do they get to come back for FREE as long as they pay a $1000 setup fee? :'(

I have a solution for all of these "pay to play" options we currently have.

Just WAIT. I'm developing.;)

•••
I checked NamesCon.com just now and it shows that they eventually surrendered to Francois' gangster/mafia behavior and added back his badge so they can be included on Domaining.com again.

Sickening, IMO.
It's a barefaced abuse of power and position.

Why don't people use RSS readers? There are lots to choose from. Feedly, InoReader, TheOldReader, Digg, AOL Reader, etc.
Laziness? :xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello,

Domaining.com is near 10 years old now and the way it works has always been the same:
Get listed in the directory or RSS news feed is FREE, there is only a setup fee to pay and the requirement to post a text link or badge to domaining.com
For the deal be fair the rules must be followed by all and it's what I try to monitor.
As I commented in DNW, NamesCon was very aware of the rules and decided itself and without telling me to break it for unknown reasons, as a result their site was dropped from domaining.com
There is no other reason and they are very welcome to apply to be listed again if one day they want to come back.

Regarding the listings in domaining.com, rankings are based on the insertion date so it's normal mine be listed above, now one may outrank me just paying a single time $100 fee.

Regards.

I don't consider $1,000 to be a startup fee. I consider that extortion. Your website is popular because people allow you to use their content. Personally, I think everyone who allows you to profit from their work needs to wise up and pull their feeds. Antics like this just highlight how greedy and egotistical people are in this industry. $1,000. LOL.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back