IT.COM

status-invalid NamePros is not popular anymore ??!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinums

Established Member
Impact
upload_2018-2-17_20-18-59.png

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/namepros.com

Where to sell domains without ridiculous fees.?

Answer:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
India has 1.3b people who generally speak English .. don't you think it makes sense to be the #1 pop on the forum?

Moreover, for me it's not the 'quantity' (ie. alexa rank) that makes a good forum rather than the 'quality'

You should be the judge if the forum does the job for you...not Alexa.

•••
•••
Most web forums has declined in popularity the last 5-10 years.

In this perspective, I think NamePros is doing good.

•••
There are other forums which gone dead then declined Alexa rank. You should know them first.

I was a quite active on a forum which was great for buying, selling & learning internet of things but now it's near the death.

For other parts, where you highlighted my country name, you should check other world wide popular forums you will always surprised seeing "India" at 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in Alex rank. Why?

Start learning!

•••
•••
NamePros Alex rank decreased in parallel with crypto prices going crazy last fall, and reaching a broader audience of people who approached it as a get rich quick opportunity.

A number of those people might otherwise have joined NP to seek a path to earning money via domain names. But there was arguably more opportunities, or perceived opportunities, in crypto than domains over the last six months. Many established NP members left domaining to pursue crypto investments, and noobs likely chose to get into cryptos over domains. So that might have had an impact.

•••
NamePros is more popular than it's ever been. Alexa, on the other hand, continues to decline in popularity and that is what you are seeing. It's a reflection of Alexa's popularity, not NamePros's popularity.

As I explained before:
You may not be familiar with how Alexa works:
  1. Alexa is an estimate based on visits from users who use their toolbar and other minor data sources.
  2. The popularity of their toolbar is declining. I don't know anyone using it.
  3. The graph is inaccurate.
  4. Historically, summers are always slower for every domain-related website.
Yet, we still had more traffic and visits this summer than NamePros has ever had. So, what's going on with NamePros? Lots of growth and great things.

Stay tuned for even more! ;)
Alexa is an [inaccurate] estimate. The real numbers are 1 in 10 visitors.
  • About 10% of the traffic to NamePros comes from India.
Over 30% of traffic comes from the United States.

Hope that helps,

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back