Dynadot

NamePros and Trademarks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Well I was just thinking about tradmark names and how they get sold on namepros all the time. Well my question is simply this in the future do you believe places that allow trademarked names to be sold will be held partly accountable for there actions? I mean places like godaddy,snapnames etc. Do you feel that in the near future perhaps companies owning these marks may come after marketplaces that allow for the selling of tradmarked names? I was wondering should marketplaces like namepros protect themselves by taking a proactive approach to removing names that violate TM issues?

Just an observation and something I have thought about for a while now. I also feel that registrars shouldn't allow the registration of tm'd names to begin with honestly but feel it may be a huge chore to prevent the names from being registered. So whats your take on this issue? How would you prevent this problem etc.....I feel it would make domainers in general look better in the general public if there wasn't a CND letter being posted on names and court trials almost daily etc.

Just my 2 cents and wanted to see what others thought about this and how do we go about getting this negative factors disassociated with domainers and such.

Anyhow this is the rambling of one person heh ;P

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that the blatant TM domains should not be allowed :imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back