IT.COM

advice NameJet Auction Tips

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is there any tips for conducting a successful NJ auction?
Some does and don't
What to remember etc?

When to start?
How long to run?
How to set reserve. To reserve or not to reserve etc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My only advice is to not put a reserve. All my auctions that went sky rocket did not had a reserve. For some reason, big investors with deep pockets would refuse to pay what the seller think is the right price & would be happy to pay for where the auction is going. They would feel that they got a deal! Even at $x,xxx & above.

I see many beginners putting a ridiculous reserves & wondering why they make no sales at all. Yes you might loose on one auction, but on the long run you will win.

The biggest money is not on NJ imo. It is on GD who is playing on a different league tbh.

•••
Find out who your assigned NJ rep for your account and discuss with them how to begin.

The key is like AK85 stated. set No Reserve.

The other secret is to set your auction to end in 60's.

What I mean is have your rep put your domain list for 30 days in "pre-release" this will put your domains on a list of domains that NJ will send out to their "good customers". Domain investors need TIME to check these so it's best to give them plenty of time.

Soon after domains leave "pre-release" status they go to auction. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but then the domains go to another 30 days before auction ends.

so basically it's always a good idea to give yourself plenty of time.

also don't go do like a list of 100-500 domains like I did. It will just end in disaster.

Try submitting 10 a day or week or month. Request NJ to create your own portfolio on NJ which in turn they will send out to their newsletter subscribers. I think NJ will be picky as to what domains they showcase for good reason. Only quality domains will be showcased.

also don't forget Snapnames is connected to NJ.

Next there has been issues in the past about schill bidding on NJ. not sure if it's been fixed.

and of course not payers. You can just check Namepros for threads on this topic.

Best of luck.

Oh and of course to promote your NJ or any auctions it's best to know where and how to advertise. PM me for info I found about this.

•••
Agree with allowing the names being listed fort thirty days, however, after the prerelease period, the auctions last for 3 days. Also agree with listing at no reserve.

Find out who your assigned NJ rep for your account and discuss with them how to begin.

The key is like AK85 stated. set No Reserve.

The other secret is to set your auction to end in 60's.

What I mean is have your rep put your domain list for 30 days in "pre-release" this will put your domains on a list of domains that NJ will send out to their "good customers". Domain investors need TIME to check these so it's best to give them plenty of time.

Soon after domains leave "pre-release" status they go to auction. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but then the domains go to another 30 days before auction ends.

so basically it's always a good idea to give yourself plenty of time.

also don't go do like a list of 100-500 domains like I did. It will just end in disaster.

Try submitting 10 a day or week or month. Request NJ to create your own portfolio on NJ which in turn they will send out to their newsletter subscribers. I think NJ will be picky as to what domains they showcase for good reason. Only quality domains will be showcased.

also don't forget Snapnames is connected to NJ.

Next there has been issues in the past about schill bidding on NJ. not sure if it's been fixed.

and of course not payers. You can just check Namepros for threads on this topic.

Best of luck.

Oh and of course to promote your NJ or any auctions it's best to know where and how to advertise. PM me for info I found about this.

Last edited:
•••
NameJet has also created a new seller tool that exists within the NetworkSolutions account manager called Sell Your Domains. With this tool you can list names for auction on NameJet and SnapNames. In addition, you can list names for sale with Buy It Now pricing that will be offered on SnapNames and other distribution channels. PM me if you'd like more information. https://marketing.networksolutions.com/sell-your-domains/

•••
Unfortunately no reserve worked for me, domains were sold at loss. Recovered the same in with reserve auction.

Very low bidding activity on namejet these days, mostly reseller purchase and many other issues.

Trying new things may give good results in my honest opinion.

•••
Unfortunately no reserve worked for me, domains were sold at loss. Recovered the same in with reserve auction.

Very low bidding activity on namejet these days, mostly reseller purchase and many other issues.

That's troublesome but unless you mention the domains we can't really get the "full picture" in which case, can't really blame Namejet if say (with all due respect) you sold at a lost because you felt you could have gotten more for a domain.

trust me. every domainer thinks they have a "winner" because they compare theirs with "at first glance" are crappy domains that sold for $5,000 that most would say on here they wouldn't even pay REG FEE for it.

I think that speaks more to the fact that maybe you and I don't know the real value of our own domains.

I will say this though. The people who sell domains for high prices are either very very very good at promoting their auctions OR have close friends with the higher ups at these marketplaces and arrangements have been made to give max exposure for the domain auctions of the marketplace's "friends".

I have no proof. but still you gotta wonder how some domains that will raise an eyebrow or two could sell for such high prices.

•••

No reserve did not worked for me at Namejet.

The domains are not crappy they are four letter .com names

I am selling with them for 3 years approx, have some premium advantage. Now, I am seeing less bidders and bids on overall marketplace. High figure sales reduced. So, I am saying look for other alternatives also.

Views are in my honest opinion, may differ with others.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back