NameSilo

NameDrive...Sedo...Parked.com, help me out here guys

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok i started a little late to start parking all my domains but i really think the time has come to start parking and thinked some things over, so...

I recall Sedo payouts are not as good as with Namedrive so this would let me choose Namedrive, but...

I just visited Parked.com and there pitch looks good but what i would like to know is if it is as good as promoted?

What are your experiences with Parked.com?
Their features sound good,
Relevant ads!
Nice payouts (Supposed to be the biggest in the industry?)
Plus the option the option to create your own templates <-- Now this i like!

What would you do if you would had to choose?
What would be the best way to go?

Parked.com looks good but is it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
test it out and compare with namedrive using similar keywords on comparable names.

•••
At the moment I'm trying out both Parked.com and Klickerz.com. Parked has beautiful looking parked pages which seem to produce an above average CTR. They also let you customize the color scheme and targeting keywords to an extent. Downside is the revenue per click seems a little low. But slightly more clicks balances out the slightly lower per click payouts.

Klickerz I've only been with for a couple days. Targetting seems a little off so far (I'm hoping this will correct itself), but the per click revenue is looking good. It's interesting using these two companies together because I think both are serving Yahoo ads yet they are setup quite differently.

Never had success with Sedo parking. Have not tried SedoPro or NameDrive so cannot comment on those. I'm starting to believe that certain names do better with certain services. I'm currently splitting my portfolio between four parking providers now. There isn't one provider that does best for all names.

RJ

•••
checkout comparision at

http://dnshed.com

To answer your question... Parked.com is good IMO, it does have the features you have listed...especially if u get US traffic.

Last edited:
•••
I’ve sold many names through Sedo.com but I’m not at all satisfied with their parking program from a revenue standpoint. I’ve had domain names there that had 500 unique visits a day and the CTR was so low that it hardly even mattered. Sedo is a place to park that seems to produce a solid amount of sales but you’re trying to generate revenue, perhaps you should try someone else.

Best wishes,
Kimmy

•••
heres my take on 3 of them, will not comment on revenue as that is up to your own tests to see which works best for your domain names.

NameDrive

instant approval of domains, instant approval of keywords, nice layout options and graphics, easiest to use as far as getting something up instantly and the pages look great.

Parked

takes a few days to get them all optimized the way you wan't them as you do not have full access to all the templates by default, put in your keyword it may show 1 or 2 layouts where at namedrive you can automatically view all templates and make your own pick, so if dealing with an oddball keyword that their system doesn't recognize you have to contact your account rep for help but once you do get them the way you wan't them you are set and always have your own account rep which is a nice customer support feature, the biggest advantage to parked is you can customize your title, meta tags and put in your own email address for the "contact us" link for buyer, this contact us link could also actually be a link to your own site if you wished to sell the domain from your own site, this can all be done from the control panel and url forwarding is not needed which is really nice.

Sedo

domains need approval, keywords need approval, pages are basic without the fancy graphics as the other 2 unless you get into sedo pro, so sedo is a little slower in getting something optimized up but the advantage to sedo is they have the most buyers searching their site to buy domains and the sedo name is trusted by buyers, they also have the traffic tools for public view which does help a buyer in determining traffic and would help a sale as the other 2 do not show public traffic stats.

if your only goal is selling a domain name and you don't mind a 10% cut I gotta go with sedo as the public traffic tools are key from a buyers angle and they are very established meaning more buyers viewing domains for sale.

If your goal is having a sharp graphic page online go namedrive or parked.

If you are looking to handle sales from your own site go parked as you can throw in a link to your own sites for sale page.

I have used probably 10 other companies but not recently so I won't comment on those as they may have changed since I last used them.

•••
I've had 100+ names parked at Namedrive since mid February 2006. Thru the end of March the views and revenue were consistent. Since the first of April thru now it's been all downhill. For June the views and revenue were "down 82%" from the March figures. Time to move on.

•••
Thanks guys, wonderfull replies from everyone that has given me some great insight for my decision making.

•••
Namedrive just seem to drive traffic better.

It is getting really clear now - Its not just me. I have never had my referrals make some much money as with NameDrive. That to me says loud and clear - Name Dirve all the way. Some people are put off by the only 7% referral rate initally. It goes to 10% when your refs are making $1K. ans 15% when hit 10K.

I much rather take 7% of people making money than 15% of people not making money.

ND all the way.

However - the key to successful domain parking is to keep an eye and modify (or repark with other service) your bottom 10 in both traffic and C/T.

•••
I decided to give Parked.com a try...I put 30 or so names that get traffic...In less than 24 hours...My stats are looking good...We'll see for the long haul though..I will post back in a couple of days.

•••
What's the best place (in terms of revenue and high CTR) to park about 20 domains? I'm at sedo right now and the CTR is about 1% to 2%. :(

Last edited:
•••
If you can get accepted, Fabulous premium parking program is the best by far. $8 poker clicks rock my world.

Namedrive is pretty decent, and Sedo is only good if you are trying to sell names...

Can't comment on Parked as I haven't tried them

-Peter

•••
Have used most since starting. Testing out all to see what the best is for myself.

All in all PARKED.COM is for me.

Problems I have are normally sorted out very quick:)

•••
Fleege said:
However - the key to successful domain parking is to keep an eye and modify (or repark with other service) your bottom 10 in both traffic and C/T.

Bottom 10% of the portfolio that is. If you always keep an eye on the bottom 10-20% you'll be very successful.

Keeping in an eye meaning: checking that you have good and the right keywords. Perhaps separate Geographical keyowrds. (nice NameDrive Feature) + most importantly see that your ads are relevant. One bad keyword can produce a whole range of non releavant ads. If you don't live in the states (which is by far the biggest market for PPC) then make sure you have somebody in the us check your page to see what kind of ads they are getting. They can copy and paste the text or take a screen shot.

I would recommend doing this with names that get great traffic but where ther click-through is not up to par. Anything below 8% in click through is BAD imo.

•••
I tested parked.com for some time..
But, my domains did not really perform very well there...

For the other programs I would like to advice you The PPC Parking Guide.com
:)

•••
-RJ- said:
At the moment I'm trying out both Parked.com and Klickerz.com. Parked has beautiful looking parked pages which seem to produce an above average CTR. They also let you customize the color scheme and targeting keywords to an extent. Downside is the revenue per click seems a little low. But slightly more clicks balances out the slightly lower per click payouts.

Klickerz I've only been with for a couple days. Targetting seems a little off so far (I'm hoping this will correct itself), but the per click revenue is looking good. It's interesting using these two companies together because I think both are serving Yahoo ads yet they are setup quite differently.

Never had success with Sedo parking. Have not tried SedoPro or NameDrive so cannot comment on those. I'm starting to believe that certain names do better with certain services. I'm currently splitting my portfolio between four parking providers now. There isn't one provider that does best for all names.

RJ

Glad to see you you've trusted us with a decent amount of traffic, Ron. A lot of folks will park a couple of names or maybe send over a selection of their WORST. Then when they don't get stellar results right away they act disappointed. The only fair way to test any provider is to jump with both feet and try a blend of performers and types. Looks like you've done that.

You're absolutely right that no one provider is going to do the best on every name. I don't even park all my names with Klickerz. No way. But I do park MOST of them there. My advice to all is Test, Test, Test. Try us all and uncover which names do the best where. Then recheck every 6 months or a year or so.

Fabulous is definetly my second choice but I'm on the premium program and they DO NOT like typos much. Even less these days then a year ago. I have a feeling that TM typos are going to be worth a lot less very soon, if not worthless altogether. Every party comes to an end, eh? (not to imply that you have any typos, ron, just remarking on the industry trend as a whole)

As far as targeting goes our backend employs an auto-optimizer that initially takes some time to present the highly targeted results that're our strongest asset. I'm sure you'll see increases in the coming days/weeks. Increases in both your CTR and RPC. If you like what you see now you're going to LOVE us in a couple of months.

As counterintuitive as it seems the system often purposefully fails to input targeted links right away just so it gets more user input in the way of searchbox type ins. These are golden as they provide most excellent insight into the users for that name, something we might not get otherwise. The small amount of potential revenue lost in those few days is well more than made up for in the months ahead.

Of course an automated system can't get it right everytime and sometimes your names will need a little help. Whenever you see names that are underperforming (after the first couple of weeks) drop me a line and I'll them worked over. We always stand ready to do whatever it takes to make your names succesful.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back