Dynadot

Namecheap jumping on the bandwagon.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
There are plenty of Russians that only want peace in this world so why sanction them and put them in the same category as one man (Putin)?

What is Namecheap trying to achieve by doing this?

This is the latest email from NameCheap

Dear

Unfortunately, due to the Russian regime's war crimes and human rights violations in Ukraine, we will no longer be providing services to users registered in Russia. While we sympathize that this war may not affect your own views or opinion on the matter, the fact is, your authoritarian government is committing human rights abuses and engaging in war crimes so this is a policy decision we have made and will stand by.

If you hold any top-level domains with us, we ask that you transfer them to another provider by March 6, 2022.

Additionally, and with immediate effect, you will no longer be able to use Namecheap Hosting, EasyWP, and Private Email with a domain provided by another registrar in zones .ru, .xn--p1ai (рф), .by, .xn--90ais (бел), and .su. All websites will resolve to 403 Forbidden, however, you can contact us to assist you with your transfer to another provider.

Customer Support,
Namecheap

I think Namecheap need to think more carefully about this decision.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No worries... Transfer to Epik. You'll be safe there.

•••
•••
•••
Best to get their hosting also. I'm sure they'll store it safely at some Russian pop.
yes, man that's great advise
but only applicable to Russians!

•••
yes, man that's great advise
but only applicable to Russians!

Glad you added the disclaimer. Saves me from being accused of spreading disinformation.

•••
There are plenty of Russians that only want peace in this world
So, why don't you go to the streets in Russia and claim against war? So the world can see how many Russians want peace in this world.
If millions of russians would go to the streets and protest against war, that would be a very powerful measure to stop your dictator from invading a peaceful country.
Nobody is asking you to take a weapon or to go to war. Just go to the street and show that you are against Putin's war crimes in Ukraine.
Right now many ukrainians are dying because of your dictator is mass bombing the biggest cities in Ukraine. Is that much effort to just go to the street and protest against the invasion? Is that much effort to support your brothers in Ukraine already being massacred by Putin?

Last edited:
•••
•••
some information to understand
1. in Russia, many ordinary people take to the streets to protest against the war.
2. Russia is the police state of dictator Putin - the police simply and without any laws grab you on the street if, for example, you are wearing a yellow jacket (the flag of Ukraine is yellow and blue). and you will spend from a day to 15 days in the police and receive a fine in several of your salaries
now as for namecheap
1. they had the opportunity to protest in 2014 (Putin's capture of Crimea) - but they were silent. because they needed customers and their money.
2. now the situation is different - they have become a registrar and now they can throw out some of the clients LEAVING money on their accounts
3. they sent the first letter to Russian clients with a period of ~7 days (until March 6) and blocked access from Russia to their site. yes - then they changed to March 22nd. THEN!
4. they knew that Russia's banks were blocked. currency transactions are blocked. customers may be in banks under sanctions and customers need to look for a bank. the currency soared 2 times and it is gone. namecheap knew and counted on this. that customers simply do not have time.

Putin accused Ukraine of Nazism.
what did namechep do? - he did not impose sanctions against Russia - he introduced sanctions against ALL private individuals. like genocide. that is, he confirmed Putin's words.
namecheap tech support began to respond in English (reading Russian perfectly - Ukrainians are the same) - is this not racism / Nazism or what? they offered an anonymous anti-government org platform - can they be trusted??? maybe it's Putin's agents who want to merge the dissatisfied? yesterday passed a law of 15 years in prison just for mentioning "war" instead of "special operation".
namecheap did a great job pissing off the Russians against the Ukrainians. I supported Ukraine. I went to the rally. I got bludgeoned by the police and I got a star of david patch from namecheap like the fascists did in 1933-45.
think about it - isn't this what Putin wanted? THIS. So what's the argument about then? only about one thing - is namecheap a scammer or is it a company under the roof of kgb\fsb.
you can hide behind slogans and photographs of the bombings, but namecheap is Putin's agent.
I apologize for bad english.
ps: and here's another, as an example of their bullying, they require a pincode - I send. they wait for a while and say "it's outdated" (they probably slept there). I send another. they are sleeping again. then they answer NOT TO THE QUESTION. is this not bullying? Am I black for them?

•••
Don't forget to ban Israel costumers then.

•••
I stopped using NameCheap years ago. They go around acting like they're in favor of net neutrality and other issues, all so they can use it as advertising/PR and push promo codes - meanwhile they're one of the first registrars to use censorship tactics. They were one of the first to ban domains related to the "FLU" misinformation.

Stay away from NameCheap if you're PRO Freedom of Speech and an open internet

•••
•••
how great they delete all messages about Germans and Ukrainians.
Apparently this is a fight with Putin :)
Nazis from Ukraine? Or from Germany?
so Putin is right "Nazis in Ukraine".
Yes and there are grizzlies in Transnistria/Moldova and aliens in Sweden and Finland, so you should start liberate everybody there to. You should just say 'thank you' that you are allowed to troll this forum from a new account, you don't have this right on most other forums.

•••
Yes and there are grizzlies in Transnistria/Moldova and aliens in Sweden and Finland, so you should start liberate everybody there to. You should just say 'thank you' that you are allowed to troll this forum from a new account, you don't have this right on most other forums.
thank you very much for not asking for the yellow stars of david on the back.

only you should poke, for example, And the Germans - why since 2008 they have been so fond of buying gas from Putin and why Putin's army was armed with their money, but they did _nothing_. knew and did not.

I'm not looking for someone to blame. If you don't understand this, then you're in trouble. I'm just saying-that useful idiots only strengthen Putin's position in the country. and I have the right to call these idiots idiots. moreover, they are thieves.

I understand - you do not need the truth. you are just trolls. you need someone to blame and cover your asses. no need to answer. you are the basis of Putin. and always have been and always will be.
adieu

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back