NameSilo

NameBright -- browser is warning me when I try to visit

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

campout

Top Member
Impact
I just tried to go to NameBright.com to change some nameservers and this is the screen that came up:

namebright error.png

Hopefully it's nothing too serious and will be fixed soon.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its prolly the SSL certificate from their end but in the meantime try clearing your cache and cookies and see what happens.

Edit: just like i suspected, their SSL certificate expired yesterday according to my chrome browser.

Last edited:
•••
This does not inspire confidence. If a registrar can let their SSL cert expire, it is concerning. Compounded with the fact that their support is absolutely non-existant (All 3 of my support requests have gone unanswered), I'm all the more concerned. Even though I've tried to like Namebright, small issues and concerns like this add up to make me use them only due to DC.

•••
Hello all, I'm sorry for the alarm, but it was simply that our SSL certificate had expired. With it being a weekend, our team did not notice it until it was too late. We have updated the SSL certificate, and we will be making sure that this doesn't happen again. Please be assured, you may use our website with confidence!

Thank you,
Josh

•••
Anantj - please PM your contact info and I will look into your support requests ASAP.

•••
Nice, quick responses here from 2 separate members of the namebright team regarding 2 separate issues. Credit where credit is due.

•••
Anantj - please PM your contact info and I will look into your support requests ASAP.
Thank you for your response Jeff. I've PMed you the info.

•••
Dropcatch support is usually pretty quick. Natalie usually responds to me within a few hours and is very polite and helpful.

•••
This does not inspire confidence. If a registrar can let their SSL cert expire, it is concerning. Compounded with the fact that their support is absolutely non-existant (All 3 of my support requests have gone unanswered), I'm all the more concerned. Even though I've tried to like Namebright, small issues and concerns like this add up to make me use them only due to DC.

Update to my earlier comment. It turns out there was a larger problem with the contact form that has since been fixed. Thanks to @Jeff Reberry for looking into this and getting it sorted

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back