NameSilo

Nameboy change?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

capiche

Top Member
Impact
1,771
I noticed that Nameboy isn't showing .US availability anymore. Is this happening to anyone else, or just me? It looks like the whole .US row has just dissappeared.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
it is fine with me.
capiche said:
I noticed that Nameboy isn't showing .US availability anymore. Is this happening to anyone else, or just me? It looks like the whole .US row has just dissappeared.
 
0
•••
cache said:
it is fine with me.

:-/

Do you mean it is showing .US for you?
 
0
•••
0
•••
No, my post must have been confusing .... sorry.

I mean on Nameboy.com, a website I use a lot to check availability, it usually has the option of checking for .us names.. it looks like it doesn't now.

Nameboy.com is by no means the best, IMO, but I use it alot.
 
0
•••
they checked for this: EXT
com net org info biz tv
 
0
•••
Yeah I don't see an option for .us anymore
 
0
•••
Thanks weblord,

That's odd to me. I can't believe they just took it off. Oh well, guess I'll go somewhere else to check for .us.

Thanks
 
0
•••
0
•••
Thanks Shooter
 
0
•••
capiche said:
Thanks weblord,

That's odd to me. I can't believe they just took it off. Oh well, guess I'll go somewhere else to check for .us.

Thanks
since when did they took it off? is this symptom of impending problems with .US ext?

capiche said:
Nameboy.com is by no means the best, IMO, but I use it alot.
just use dnsreport.com or dnsstuff.com
also whois.sc
 
Last edited:
0
•••
when I check availability on a name at Name Boy it is usually wrong for me.
Many names show avail when they actually arent :(
 
0
•••
deet said:
Many names show avail when they actually arent :(

True, but still, all you have to do is click "add to cart" in Nameboy to see if a name is really available or not.
Also, unlike Domainsbot, and Godaddy, etc, there are no "Access Codes" to enter to get to the whois. That extra step is a pain, IMO. Whois.sc is good, but if you're not a member it will cut you off after a few searches. All of these too have given me "available" results when in fact they weren't. So none of them are perfect.

Guess I'll start using Idotz more. ;)
 
0
•••
deet said:
when I check availability on a name at Name Boy it is usually wrong for me.
Many names show avail when they actually arent :(

Yes this is true, I always re check them at Network Solutions however I have found some of my best domains using NameBoy. It is not as sophisticated as the whois.sc tool but is still good fun.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back