Domain Empire

Name Selection Poll for Root Certificate brand

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which brand names would you prefer for producing (free) domain certificates?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
We previously announced a search for a great brand name for an online service for sourcing domain certificates. The thesis is that there will eventually be innovative alternatives to the likes of LetsEncrypt that empower more people to secure their sites with robust technology. That search was described here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ssl-root-certificate-authority-ca-brand-name.1158491/

In the meantime, we have had some great domain candidate submissions. In order to select a winning name, we welcome your input on name selection through poll and discussion as we make plans to co-create another tool that helps make the pie bigger.

As for the list of brand prospects, we used every slot allowed in the poll software. There were many good ones left out unfortunately, but it is still a long list from some very thoughtful submitters who I look forward to highlighting among the top contenders to the extent they choose to be identified!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Management disagrees with you. Nobody is allowed to bend the rules in auctions. I have seen many many people get infractions for breaking auction rules. Nobody is above the rules here.

In every parallel universe, Rob still wud won auction

But if it makes you feel better, infractions handed

Just alw seem personal w Rob...hes hanging in there

Last edited:
•••
What does that have to do with the fact that the auction was conducted improperly? If management had been able to enforce something the guy that bid $32 would have sold to Rob. That is indeed a different outcome. We all have to follow the same rules and really there is no excuse for a member of 3 years not to know what is permitted.

The rules are there for a reason... this auction wasnt getting “gamed! I respect their decision, regardless.

Last edited:
•••
Me thinking. What if Rob had bid, say $50 there and, his was the highest bid during closing ( and kept this poll still open without announcing winner)
Wouldn't the seller be compelled to sell that that price.
I.E. Rob makes a neat profit/ gain of $1450 :)

Last edited:
•••
DNEncrypt.com then buy DNE.com if it is available for sale and make it main domain.. then you keep DNEncrypt to protect the brand.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back