Dynadot

.name.my names to be available soon

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Mynic, the designated country code top level domain (ccTLD in short), will be introducing personal domain names (PDNs) for individuals in the “.name.my” category beginning July._
These domain names will only be used for personal and non-commercial purposes._

Mynic said it was doing this in response to “numerous requests for individuals to register their own personalised .my domain names.”_

Full story
http://star-techcentral.com/tech/story.asp?file=/2003/6/4/technology/02mynic&sec=technology

:zzz:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mynic said it was doing this in response to “numerous requests for individuals to register their own personalised .my domain names."

Don't ask me who's making these numerous requests, or why they decided to go with this third level solution.

I guess it serves the customer base of people for whom .name was not obscure enough.

•••
i would say they would have a better shot with .my.name
but .name.my is just weird

•••
•••
•••
.my??? oh my god, how STUPID is that?

•••
eww, that sounds stupid. i mean first off, it looks like a subdomain. and second, its not even my.name, its "Name MY"

like, name my font..or some weird thing like that.

imagine: http://www.you.name.my looks like some weird angelfire prodigy.

•••
Some people bad english speak.
People Stupid. What People Other Do?
LAUGH!

well ive seen a few people buy new.net domains... so there are apparently some people who might buy. I might consider sex.name.my :-P

•••
stop - are those domains .name.my or just .my? i think both ideas are stupid, but i thought i was just .my! oh my god - .name.my really looks like a damn subdomain!

•••
+++++ koffee
.my domains are stupid

•••
•••
For those of you who don't already know, .my is the cctld for Malaysia.

The name.my proposal is similar to the me.uk implementation, and runs along the same logic of the gTLD .name :|

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back