IT.COM

advice Name For Brandable Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Galleshem

Established Member
Impact
Hey,

I'm interested to work on a brandable marketplace of my own, since I own more than 400 brandables now.

I bought the domain CosmicNames.com a few months ago in case I'd want to do this, so I just wanted to hear your opinions about this name.

I would obviously prefer a good Brand+Word but there are none available for registration and the ones on the aftermarket are too expensive for my budget.

The only thing I don't like about CosmicNames is the c+n next to each other, it's not so visually appealing, besides that I personally like it.

So what do you think CosmicNames.com, is this a good name for my marketplace?

Thanks!

Gal

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it's fine, because it's a brand you will be developing. But seeing as you are specializing in brandables, you probably have an alternative, already in your portfolio. If you are going the brandable route.

•••
It's fine, it has instant meaning to non-domainers and easy to remember !

•••
if i didn't know about domains, i'd think it had something to do with the cosmos.

imo...

•••
personally I would probably consider a name that had the words "brand" or " names" as part of the name.

for us working with domains , it is obvious what your proposed name means but for investors or entrepreneurs I do not think it's as natural to associate your proposed name with potential brands.

I myself made the same journey as you are now thinking about, and i realize in hindsight that i certainly could have invested in an even better name for my marketplace , but now a year later ,I have several keywords on page one, all the social accounts same name etc, and then it is more difficult to change :-/

I will not advertise in this thread but for myself i very well could imagine switching to one of my own brandables that contain the word "brand" B-) if it wasn't for all the work i already put in my marketplace already.

So my humble advice is think again, if not the name for your marketplace can be worth investing a little more.

•••
BrandInsights.com expired last month and is on auction at GD today.

18 years old...

•••

18 years old...
Nice catch, it looks to sell for close to $1K pricing the buyer here out. Stuff is pricey on aftermarkets sometimes going for close to end user.

•••
Nice catch, it looks to sell for close to $1K pricing the buyer here out. Stuff is pricey on aftermarkets sometimes going for close to end user.
Yes, "brand" names are getting really expensive. If the OP can scrape together $1000, then this is a great opportunity...

•••

18 years old...

Yes, "brand" names are getting really expensive. If the OP can scrape together $1000, then this is a great opportunity...
I don't have a $1k budget for this name unfortunately. Although I think it's a great name, I don't think it's a great one for a brandable names marketplace. Brand Insights would be a great name for a blog about brand names or something similar, but for a brandable marketplace I think BrandBox, BrandBucket, BrandCenter, BrandStation, BrandLab, etc would be better imo.

•••
Hello Galleshem,

I also have similar plan and checked a lot of brandsomething combinations but all taken. Actually, I don't like cosmicnames because it sounds like you are selling something out of this world. By the way, for listing your domains. which script will you use?

•••
Name sounds ok. You can keep looking.

Main challenge is SEO/traffic.

•••
Hello Galleshem,

I also have similar plan and checked a lot of brandsomething combinations but all taken. Actually, I don't like cosmicnames because it sounds like you are selling something out of this world. By the way, for listing your domains. which script will you use?
Actually, if I would go with this name, my tagline would probably be "Brandable Names From Other Planets" or something similar.

I wanted to try doing the website myself in html/css, something relatively simple, but I quickly understand that it will be too hard for me. I'll maybe go with the new Efty marketplace, but I still don't really know.

•••
Actually, if I would go with this name, my tagline would probably be "Brandable Names From Other Planets" or something similar.

I wanted to try doing the website myself in html/css, something relatively simple, but I quickly understand that it will be too hard for me. I'll maybe go with the new Efty marketplace, but I still don't really know.

FWIW My site is Wordpress Avada theme, its ok for small portfolios and if you are ok with doing some handwork, but i am looking into transfer it to a more database driven system.

Since you have about 400 names i personally would recommend that you already from start pick something database driven where you don´t have to manually edit every name/post when you want to edit layouts or common text etc.

•••
I was looking some time ago for a name for myself and I have registered more, some with pretty good amount of views: craftednames, brandingunit, brandingdevice and others...so maybe you get new ideas, but I think that you could build a brand from 'cosmicnames' as well.

•••
I like CosmicNames, but yeah... it's not immediately apparent what the purpose of the site is until you visit.

I registered BrandSail and Brandagio recently after seeing them on the deleted lists. I particularly like the sound of the first, as well as the play on words (sail/sale). Hoping to use that one for myself eventually with a tagline along the lines of, "Brand names to buoy your business" (work in progress... lol)

•••
While cosmicnames is perfectly ok, I am not sure of what would be my perception if I were a startup looking for a domain name.

You'll have to spend time and money to establish your brand and get startups visit your site. If I were in your shoes, I would probably look for something shorter even if it means nothing.

Just curiosity (and it's not quite the subject of the thread): how do you plan to get traffic to your site ?

•••
Hey,

I'm interested to work on a brandable marketplace of my own, since I own more than 400 brandables now.

I bought the domain CosmicNames.com a few months ago in case I'd want to do this, so I just wanted to hear your opinions about this name.

Other than it being a bit longer than 'Names', is there a reason why 'Brandables' can't/shouldn't be used? Eg. CosmicBrandables?

•••
I like the name, gives broader impression.

•••
Interesting suggestions.

Let me throw in my first impressions.

It is definitely a 'unique' name - CosmicNames.com.

However, it instantly takes me visually to astronauts, space, moon, space stations, planets, stars, space craft, aliens ....

Or perhaps that is just me.

Nevertheless, as a name for a brandable marketplace it is certainly perhaps edgy and even quirky.

On a scale of 1 to 10, i will give 8.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back