NameSilo

FREE name.com for .shop

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

John0

Established Member
Impact
296
Just like Michael's thread, except this one is NAME.com
I just got the email about 30 mins ago and
got
A//R.shop
Her//bal.shop

Promo code is
Freeshop


Get two free .SHOP domains with promo code FREESHOP (while supplies last)
It looks like you might be interested in eCommerce, so we wanted to
do you a little favor. If you use the promo code FREESHOP
at checkout, you can get two .SHOP domains totally
free. No strings, no catches.
The domains will renew at their normal rate in one year.

Promo code is not valid on .SHOP renewals or Premium registrations.
Limit two per customer.
 
Last edited:
6
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Thanks, I got 2...
 
1
•••
Does this mean that I again have to waste an hour or so to find some at best mediocre name?

Yes.
 
2
•••
I couldn't get it to work either, I wonder if it was select customers only. For those of you who it worked for, you all had existing accounts, correct? I use them sparingly so maybe they only wanted it to be for better customers!

ALSO today is Bottom's Rupp day, maybe they are going to have this as today's time-limited promo? MAYBE - just my speculation
https://www.name.com/happyhour

@John0 - I vote keep it open until we are sure it's kaput
 
1
•••
I really don't understand why Name.com insist on making so many of their coupons specials location dependent...

I mean they can have a limit to the amount of times the coupon can be used...like lets say 1000 times or whatever and make it location independent. Most of the time the coupon are location dependent and are for US users. Which is also silly, I mean considering many domainers come from countries with much weaker currencies (South East Asia, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, etc...) surely they would benefit more from the coupons than US/UK/CAN residents...just saying. Also it has to make one wonder, does name.com value their US customers more than their non-US customers? Sure as hell does seem that way if they offer a select group of customers more rewards than their other customers purely based on Geographic location...
 
1
•••
I never really use them but got the offer too. Went there and checked one name, it had a price tag of 12K and renewal of 12K. Closed down the window and forgot about .shop.

EDIT
The email says this "Get two free .SHOP domains with promo code FREESHOP (while supplies last)".. So they probably just ran out of .shop domains.. All sold.. Move on
 
Last edited:
2
•••
0
•••
I leave it for another day before I close it. It looks like some people are getting it and some are not.

I am a pre existing customer of Name with a few domains there so maybe its just because of that,
Also it looks like people from all over are getting them.

I tried michaels thread today and got 1 each from moniker and moniker lite, but its still pending reg
while some got it straight away.
 
2
•••
Stupid me. Wasted time to search .SHOPs only to find out that the promo doesn't work for me.
 
4
•••
ONLY VALID IF YOU WERE ON THE SECRET LIST (if you got the email, that's a good sign)

OK I called customer service - it was not location, it was only certain customers, and she couldn't tell me who or why. So it might have been random or it might be if you have a bigger portfolio, spend more money etc. Nothing to do with happy hour either, still not announced

The hilarious part is I was prepping a humorous screenshot for the forum and she asked for my login and said, I see you're trying to register StupidNameCom.shop?!? LOL

VqadjUr.png
 
4
•••
OK I called customer service - it was not location, it was only certain customers, and she couldn't tell me who or why. So it might have been random or it might be if you have a bigger portfolio, spend more money etc.

I can confirm that this is correct, it has nothing to do with location. Their promos even related to .COM in the past seemed to be customer/account specific- which no one here was even aware of at the time. As you said: it has to do with how much you spend, the domains you have with them, etc. I'm not into new gTLDs, but I'm pretty sure if I wanted this freebie, I'll get it. :)
 
3
•••
OK with those last two posts confirming it, it looks like you have to be a pre existing customer with them.
 
2
•••
Thank you for sharing.

Weird I did not get an email from name.com about this promo. :(
 
2
•••
thank you
let,s share this

and pls share your locations
so that we can ,,arrange,, more for .shop domains :xf.wink:
 
Last edited:
1
•••
1
•••
ERROR: That promo code appears to be invalid. Please try again.

Is it still valid?
 
1
•••
Just like Michael's thread, except this one is NAME.com
I just got the email about 30 mins ago and
got
TheAR.shop
TheHerbal.shop

Promo code is
Freeshop


Get two free .SHOP domains with promo code FREESHOP (while supplies last)
It looks like you might be interested in eCommerce, so we wanted to
do you a little favor. If you use the promo code FREESHOP
at checkout, you can get two .SHOP domains totally
free. No strings, no catches.
The domains will renew at their normal rate in one year.

Promo code is not valid on .SHOP renewals or Premium registrations.
Limit two per customer.

thx
where are you located ?
the us ?
 
1
•••
Got two names :
TheOptical.shop
Myuk.shop
 
2
•••
1
•••
Just worked for me,

However,

At first I thought I was bamboozled when the code didn't work!!!

But after logging in - it worked!!!

10 minutes of searching and busy work to get two free names....


nikolatesla
sacred



Happy domaining! Thanks OP
 
4
•••
Ok so we have the us, europe and asia, so it is still working geo wise.
In that case maybe its not for Brand New Accounts.
I have my ac maybe about a month and I have a few domains there.
I'll keep thread open for another few days.
It looks like some people get and some dont. there doesn't seem to be a set criteria based on geo anyway.
 
2
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back