Domain Empire

available Naemcheap.com - Available

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I have made this typing mistake many times while visiting any site that starts with name. Naemcheap is a great type of Namecheap.

e39m5

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Won't there be TM issues with the typo?

Flora.

•••
MissFlora said:

Flora.

According to some, there are always issues with typo names, or being a typo squatter.

According to others, there are not. Or they usually don't result in any action.

So what's the real cut-and-dry answer of the topic?

I don't know.

•••
TM? Nah, I dont think so. Anybody see an issue?

•••
It is registered already :(

whois.sc says available but when I go to naemcheap.com takes me to Sedo

•••
I would imagine it would easily qualify as typosquatting.. some may decide to take the chance anyway..

MissFlora said:

Flora.

•••
I would'nt touch that domain with a 10 foot pole...

•••
Heh,
I remembered this thread from 18 months ago at WHT, where Richard Kirkendall from NameCheap.com (also a NamePros member, if memory serves my right once more) didn't seem to have any problems owning certain typo domains himself.
I quote:
I own the domains hotles.com and hotals.com (yes both are mispells).
and:
Yet, both those domains grossed over 100k in sales for me last month by simply doing a redirect to an affilliate.

Surely then NameCheap can't have too much of a problem with someone owning typo's of their site? :D

•••
I wonder who ended up getting it. I didn't recieve anything, I wonder if they are from namepros.

e39m5

•••
when i first looked at the thread, i think that naemcheap.com was the correct spelling!

•••
Its a very common type IMO

e39m5

•••
You can trnaspose or elimnate letters altogether in a word, and as long as the first and last letters are in the correct position, most people will read the word correctly.

1rrr1 said:
when i first looked at the thread, i think that naemcheap.com was the correct spelling!

•••
-db- said:
So what's the real cut-and-dry answer of the topic?

There is no cut and dried answer. It all depends on the name and the company tht owns the TM.

If that domain gets type in traffic and they have an affiliate program, I'd take it and set up an affiliate account. If name cheap has enough money to pursue this legally, I'd be really surprised.

•••
Looks like it was registered on 2/2/05 ... and now "parked" at Sedo, IMHO. :gl:
I always check with Register.com for "real time" WhoIs.
:wave:

•••
Hehe, I actually own a similar one: naempros.com ;)

•••
dgridley said:
You can trnaspose or elimnate letters altogether in a word, and as long as the first and last letters are in the correct position, most people will read the word correctly.

Ever heard of the clothing line "FCUK" ? :o

You do not see what you are looking at,
You see what you are looking for.

•••
using it for anything relating to domain registration would be very clear case of "bad faith", so what else would you use it for?

•••
seems like a good sedo name to me

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back