IT.COM

Myspace security whole now blocked

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
A few months ago (I have just found out) myspace had a security whole which allowed people to view peoples private photos.

Anyone who uses myspace will know that you can block people seeing your photos if they are not logged in or authorized to view them. Myspace have quietly rolled out a bug fix 3 months (if not longer) after finding the security whole.

Source

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/01/myspace-quietly.html

This seems to be quite a blunder for myspace. People are constantly being warned of having private data on websites. Myspace claimed that they were safe as long as you made that data private. How private if the data though if they can get this so wrong,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Myspace is like AOL used to be..People will constantly find exploits in the site no matter what. Honestly if you ask me, don't put photo's up you wouldn't want someone to see because although the exploit was patched..another will be found and given to loads of people and used. No matter how safe myspace claims to be, i'm sure others will security breaches and loop holes

•••
FPForum said:
Myspace is like AOL used to be..People will constantly find exploits in the site no matter what. Honestly if you ask me, don't put photo's up you wouldn't want someone to see because although the exploit was patched..another will be found and given to loads of people and used. No matter how safe myspace claims to be, i'm sure others will security breaches and loop holes
Agreed. Don't put photos up you wouldn't show the whole world.

Sad it took them so long to patch it :td:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back