Dynadot

My website is hacked ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

UIunique

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,
I hope all you will doing well. my personal website has been hacked 2,3 days ago. website was develop using wordpress. Someone change my wordpress login detail so what should i do now. Can you people suggest some solution.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whe have you hosted the wordpress site? You could log in from the hosting provider service.

•••
i will @Paul he is the best at security.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yo need to provide a lot more context and information about how the site is hosted before anyone can offer actionable advice.

•••
•••
Thanks all the people who reply in response to my problem and sorry replying lait here.
My domain name registrar is 'name cheap' and i am also using shared hosting plan of them as well.
So what i understand according to above comments that i should backup my word press website content and change password as well.
Then next question is that above changes can be made from my name cheap dashboard.

Last edited:
•••
If you have used any nulled theme and plugin than its high chances that it ll be hacked again.
Just backup the content do a fresh install and use themes and plugins from reliable sources only.

•••
If you have used any nulled theme and plugin than its high chances that it ll be hacked again.
Just backup the content do a fresh install and use themes and plugins from reliable sources only.
ok thanks brother.
So i should delete old theme and related plugins and again design website with new theme and plugins with more positive reviews. that you want to say.

Last edited:
•••
No if you have used nulled theme or plugin only because that is the most common reason for a compromised wp

•••
The two most common ways WordPress sites get hacked:
  1. Password reuse (more info)
  2. Vulnerable plugins and themes, especially if they're "nulled"
When someone mentions a "nulled" theme or plugin, they're referring to a paid themes and plugins that have been pirated.

•••
It might take years to find a new and non popular site to use his compromised user and password so first reason will always be vulnerable plugins and themes which instantly sends all the needed information to hacker.
So always get the themes and plugin from trusted sources avoid nulled, free(unreliable source) and GPL license themes and plugins as well.

•••
Actually some changes has been made by hacker in my home page design. So i should design website with new theme and plugins. I have also changed my website login password.

•••
Are you using EasyWP with Namecheap?

•••
@tamar, can you please change your NP username to “@NameCheap” Please, make our lives easier, you’ll always still be Tamar. And help this guy, if able : )

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Do you know WHY you got hacked?

-What security plugin are you using? (I suggest free wordfence)
-Do you keep all your plugin and themes up to date all the time? are they on auto update or do you use a service like managewp or mainwp etc?
-Are the themes and plugins popular and reputable plugins?
-Do you use a nickname on posts so people cant see your admin username? (you change this in user admin)
-Are you using a hard to guess admin username and password
-Did you remove the hello world post, sample page and comment? (this is one way hackers find websites in the first place)

•••
Do you know WHY you got hacked?

-What security plugin are you using? (I suggest free wordfence)
-Do you keep all your plugin and themes up to date all the time? are they on auto update or do you use a service like managewp or mainwp etc?
-Are the themes and plugins popular and reputable plugins?
-Do you use a nickname on posts so people cant see your admin username? (you change this in user admin)
-Are you using a hard to guess admin username and password
-Did you remove the hello world post, sample page and comment? (this is one way hackers find websites in the first place)
Thanks for your reply. I think main reason of site hacking was that i used a secondary gmail address on my homepage which should be hide.
- I was using blocksy theme for my wordpress site. it is new theme that may be reason for security issue as well.
- Actually i design my single page website from start to finish by using above theme.
- Now i change login password and also i want to redesign the whole site again.

•••
Thanks for your reply. I think main reason of site hacking was that i used a secondary gmail address on my homepage which should be hide.
- I was using blocksy theme for my wordpress site. it is new theme that may be reason for security issue as well.
- Actually i design my single page website from start to finish by using above theme.
A different theme and redesign are not going to help much for the future.
Follow some of the points in the questions I asked above and that will help to keep your site safer

•••
First Step, change your username & password in the dbs.

2. Delete ftp/SSH Connections
3. search for new files ( changed files, created files )
4. Check Logs for the Visits

5. if you can not Find, you are Safe

•••
@UIunique

Try to get the following plugin "iThemes Security Pro" this will help you prevent possible hacks in the future.

•••
Back