IT.COM

advice My mother-in-law

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr. Deleted

Slabaugh.com 800-266-2728Top Member
Impact
I have a few 100 domains, some pretty good, but I have a question, my mother in law Peg is in Hospice care, and they feel she is about to die, and last month we got a call saying that she was about to pass, so I sold a few bits of bitcoin, and cashed a few checks, Etc., and did what we could to get up there, 500 miles, and ended up with returning home almost broke, and even borrowed against the car for the living expenses last month. Now we are still in the same position as before with no money, in part due to this trip that we made, and as soon as we got there, she got better. Today my father in law talked to my wife again, and said he thinks it could be today that she passes.

My question is, how can I sell some of the domains at reasonable prices in order to make the trip when it does happen? I dont want to just keep borrowing money if I have these assets sitting in my account.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
YOu should of really thought this entire thing out when it first began.
Now it sounds like you are just whining about the position you put yourself in.
Now for selling domains, you should of been doing that from the start.
If she does die today?
Selling domains is not going to change a thing.
As unless you find a buyer who will pay you NOW, it could be a week or more before you sell any domains and get enough money to do anything.
Option left to you at this point?
Get with your entire family, both sides.
And get something going to help you.

•••
I think that the fastest way of cashing in your assets is to auction them at flippa, namejet, godaddy, namepros etc, whichever fits them best.

The other method, your domain investors buddies or past clients who bought from you. Try and see if any of them are interested into buy some. :)

•••
YOu should of really thought this entire thing out when it first began.
Now it sounds like you are just whining about the position you put yourself in.
Now for selling domains, you should of been doing that from the start.
If she does die today?
Selling domains is not going to change a thing.
As unless you find a buyer who will pay you NOW, it could be a week or more before you sell any domains and get enough money to do anything.
Option left to you at this point?
Get with your entire family, both sides.
And get something going to help you.
I have been trying to sell at all the venues. What are you talking about? And I have sold a few here and there. Just seems to be too slow. How can I speed up the process to sell a few more.

•••
I think that the fastest way of cashing in your assets is to auction them at flippa, namejet, godaddy, namepros etc, whichever fits them best.

The other method, your domain investors buddies or past clients who bought from you. Try and see if any of them are interested into buy some. :)
Most of my LLLL sales were at a site that is now offline, so I am not sure how to contact them. But I will look if any of them are on here.

•••
Make a thread here on NP listing all of your domains. For fastest sale, put them all at BIN pay via Paypal. Make your prices aggressively low where necessary. If you don't want to put BINs, do a Make Offer thread and indicate you are in a dire situation and need money -- people will be more likely to make offers if they think you are not going to be too picky.

•••
Thanks guys, I sold a few small names and got a few auctions on flippa and today one name got on Brandbucket.

•••
Sorry for your situation. Best of luck

•••
This is what happens when you live paycheck to paycheck.

I am not happy at all for your situation but believe me you yourself ended up here.

You always have to have some money sitting around for stuff like this. Infact just going to visit your mother in law when she is dying shouldn't even be a question about finance.

I know I don't sound too good here [Mostly haven't been in past years] but if you still are in a situation then yes please send me the PM with details like How many dollars you actually need and what domains you are talking about etc. If there is something that can be done it will be done :)

Thanks.

•••
This is what happens when you live paycheck to paycheck.

I am not happy at all for your situation but believe me you yourself ended up here.

You always have to have some money sitting around for stuff like this. Infact just going to visit your mother in law when she is dying shouldn't even be a question about finance.

I know I don't sound too good here [Mostly haven't been in past years] but if you still are in a situation then yes please send me the PM with details like How many dollars you actually need and what domains you are talking about etc. If there is something that can be done it will be done :)

Thanks.
Paycheck to paycheck? From whom? I am in college and run an internet business. Some people dont take the time to actually read what is in front of them. The fact that a family member died was not in any way anyone's fault. It was lupus that killed her.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back