Account Closed
Impact
i have had best hosting luck:

my first host - shutdown and i lost all data - total time -2 months

my second host - data loss - server crash

my third host - hacked and all data lost

my fourth host:
cpanelshit23js.jpg

btw, this image aint a one-off, its always like this, i have finally been promised it will be fixed, we will see

some reason i think this host is going down, its my luck with hosting, its bad, so i reccomend, dont go with free hosting or anything less than $5 a month

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you thought about making regular backings?

•••
Now that really does suck.

Good luck in the future!

True_Snake

•••
If you want a reliable/stable web host for good money lemme know. I can help set you up!

•••
xtreme-forums said:
dont go with free hosting or anything less than $5 a month

:bingo: Like most things in life, with hosting you usually get what you pay for. How much is your time worth, if all your data gets lost and you have to rebuild everything over? After just one crash with a cheapo host, I went right to an "expensive" but reliable host, and its been smooth sailing ever since.

•••
Hope that teaches you never to host with cheapo hosts ;)

•••
i cant afford paid hosting :( lol

and i have started making daily backups since i checked that service status, and i will continue to make daily backups

•••
Never trust ANY host, even 1and1 !

Always backup Weekly Minimum! Its possible for all hosts to go down. This is not imaginative but relistic for many reasones like hacking, ddos, poor server managemenet, server crash and much more.

Never buy from hosts under 1 year old! they usually are run by single people with little money and little time for server management / support :)

I hope they will take a good look at optimizing the server you are on, looks like its far too overloaded with sites to me!

Best of luck

•••
hmmmm seems like a pretty bad overloaded server

•••
Awww... poor xtreme-forums :( Unlucky in the hosting world, good luck with your future endeavours into the wonderful world of web hosting!

•••
I've set it up to auto backup every day :P (Don't trust some hosts as far as I can throw them).

It emails the backup to my gmail :)

•••
Hosting

Need to speak up on this one. I am new to all of this, so I listen a lot to what people here have to say. But, I got to tell you, I ran accross Sonataweb.net for hosting even as a reseller and they are well priced and the support has yet to be beat. I've been working with Terry there [email protected] and it's usually only an hour or 2 I get the info. I need. Give them a try!

•••
seems like there are TOO many sites on that server.
You should start looking for new host %%-

•••
xtreme-forums said:
dont go with free hosting or anything less than $5 a month
I have $4.99 hosting from 1and1 (well, the american site is $4.99). 1and1 is an established company, and has a good reputation. If you are looking for hosting under $5, this is a great place to get it. You also get a free domain name. =)

•••
hanz said:
seems like there are TOO many sites on that server.
You should start looking for new host %%-

Speaking of which I need another refresher on this: how many sites should a
server ideally manage until it's "deemed" too many and becomes too risky to
use?

•••
davezan said:
Speaking of which I need another refresher on this: how many sites should a
server ideally manage until it's "deemed" too many and becomes too risky to
use?

there is no limit. it really depends on the sites your hosting.

for example.
you could host 1000 websites that are just html, with a couple of images on a server no problem

but if they start to use sssl and a dbms of some kind your screwed.

you need to monitor your server, the loads and strains its under and then decide when enough is enough.

•••
Mystic said:
i have had best hosting luck:

my first host - shutdown and i lost all data - total time -2 months

my second host - data loss - server crash

my third host - hacked and all data lost

my fourth host:
cpanelshit23js.jpg

btw, this image aint a one-off, its always like this, i have finally been promised it will be fixed, we will see

some reason i think this host is going down, its my luck with hosting, its bad, so i reccomend, dont go with free hosting or anything less than $5 a month

I guess the forth time is the charm...anyway hope the server doesn't crash or get hacked into :)

•••
Sorry for all your losses, hope other people read this and think twice before buying the cheapest hosting service they can find.

But price usually matters you can tell if your getting a good server or not by their prices. I get people saying my prices are alittle high but thats what you pay for quality servers. You can check out my site http://www.OxygenHosting.com go to the "About" section and you can find out all the info about our servers and how we manage them.

Website is not the best but we are in the works of re-designing the website so hopefully it will be up in the coming weeks.

Thanks

•••
I never have bad luck with webhosting :)

•••
i got my firsthosting today so far not much luck but hopefully it will be sorted soon!

•••
armstrong said:
:bingo: Like most things in life, with hosting you usually get what you pay for. How much is your time worth, if all your data gets lost and you have to rebuild everything over? After just one crash with a cheapo host, I went right to an "expensive" but reliable host, and its been smooth sailing ever since.

I unfortunely learned that the hard way too but I just picked myself up and went over a more expensive but alot better host and it has been all good now.

i got my firsthosting today so far not much luck but hopefully it will be sorted soon!

Yeah just give it some time. Usually it takes around 2 days for your domain's dns to fully work.

•••
domain4u said:
Never buy from hosts under 1 year old! they usually are run by single people with little money and little time for server management / support :)

I disagree. All hosts have to start somewhere, if everyone only bough from 1+ year old hosts, then there would be like 10 hosting companies.

•••
TheBush said:
domain4u said:

I disagree. All hosts have to start somewhere, if everyone only bough from 1+ year old hosts, then there would be like 10 hosting companies.

exactly it's a chance you gota take. BTW Mystic... wheren't you on pho2?

•••
TheBush said:

I agree too but alot of times the new hosts are the ones that don't really have a grasp on what to do yet and how to run a company so it is best to stay away from them until they can maintain themselves.

•••
you need to give the new ones a chance or they'll never succeed lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back