Dynadot

My first IDN.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
汽車.com

My first IDN, it is Car/Automobile in traditional Chinese.

Anyone have any thoughts?,also would love to hear from anyone with a better grasp of original chinese than me to confirm its meaning

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry buddy but when it comes to chinse domains , the Traditional can sometimes block the Simplified version from being regged, if you check the whois your purchase didnt go thru. If you are new to IDN's i will save you some time and tell you that you wont be able to just reg car , loan , real estate , credit cards at this point of the game , but dont worry there are many good names still out there just not these

•••
You are correct,it didn't go through,however it is showing up in my account,i will contact the registrar,

Many Thanks for your advice i wasn't aware of this,you have been a great help,

thanks again

•••
Yeah, this pretty much affects Chinese and some Japanese names. I remember my excitement at a couple of my first IDNs, only to realize that I didn't actually get them because of a "variant exists."

What registrar do you use?

•••
Simplified Chinese -- used in China. Population 1.2 billion.

Traditional Chinese -- used in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Population 30mm.

If it's a term that is wide-reaching and generic, you're better off registering the Simplified version where possible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back