NameSilo

Motivational Domaining Quotes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What are some of the best quotes that us domainers can use as extra fuel throughout the journey? Please share if you have any favorites :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"No thanks."

I use it as my motivation to go even further. :)

•••
Someone removed my previous post in this thread, It was my motivational quote and not the offer..!!

•••
Expert in anything was once a beginner!

•••
Some of my favorites:

“Everything you do today should be with tomorrow in mind. Think about how purchases and sales will impact your business tomorrow and the next day. Don’t be afraid to take big chances because that’s how you will succeed. It’s very unlikely that you’ll make a lot of money by dabbling or by making “safe” purchases. Sure, if you have a long time horizon, you may create future value. That’s a gamble, although it may cost less up front.

Turning $1,000 into millions of dollars is not easy, it won’t happen over night, and it’s not a certainty. Without a doubt, if you listen to others, read the news, become knowledgable, and make wise decisions based on knowledge you’ve accumulated, becoming a domain millionaire is certainly achievable – even starting out today.”

~ Elliot Silver, My Addendum to Rick’s Article
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Opportunities are out there now more than ever. This is a great industry to be in. It’s the future and it’s still cutting edge. The industry is still a baby. It’s not too late. You’re right on time! Even if you are just starting and have little cash. I didn’t have much either. Remember I started with a $3,000 investment a couple of years ago,” Meystedt noted.

“Be willing to chase down hundreds of leads. It will pay off. I’m willing to face failure 99% of the time, knowing that something great might lie around the corner. Zig Ziglar said, “Failure is an event, not a person. Yesterday ended last night.”

~ Aron Meystedt, Will to Win: Despite Repeated Setbacks Aron Meystedt Never Quit & Now His Persistence is Paying Off

“So we keep talking about development and I have been talking about it since 1997. But developing without a real business behind it is missing something.”

~ Rick Schwartz, Domain Industry Expanding But Domainers are Shrinking. Here’s Why. Here’s the Fix.

On having different domain development projects:

“Just think to yourself: wait a second. Am I really focused or am I just kinda scattered out there saying I wish I could do these things. And that’s why you always have to pull it back and ask yourself ‘what are the projects meaningful to me and how can I get those done?’…”

“…You need to make sure what it is that you are doing is actually contributing to your revenue and that is the biggest thing I think people forget in the domaining world. They get flustered. They are doing 8 million things at once and they start searching for more names to buy or searching for good deals and they forget that they need to make money with their own names…”

“…Make that one [domain] the best it can be. Get focused. Get to work. Don’t get overwhelmed because that one name could turn into a revenue stream that outranks twenty of your names because you put the time and energy in…”

~ Morgan Linton

“Our sites may look basic, but looks can be deceiving. Those simplistic looking sites generate massive revenue for our advertisers – and our advertisers are our #1 priority. Furthermore, sites like PalmSprings.com have constantly updated content with editors for its Calendar of Events, Classifieds, Forum, etc.

My suggestion is this. Build a site, do all the things you believe are important and then sign advertisers to contracts. In other words, put your reputation and talent on the line. If you don’t drive serious business to these people you will be run out of town. If you survive the first year, I promise you will have entered a new world that most domainers haven’t a clue about and you will have learned to play by a whole new set of rules. And when something works, you will be exceeding hesitant to mess with the formula (ever wonder why Google still hasn’t changed their front page?).

Our sites have been criticized by webmasters and designers alike for years. And I’ll tell you the same thing I tell them – every day my brother and I cry all the way to the bank.”

~ David J Castello

“If you have the money, purchase the best domain name you can get your hands on. But remember the golden rule: a domain name is only worth what you can do with it. We’ve turned down $5,000,000 for PalmSprings.com and didn’t think twice about it because we’ve monetized it so well. However, in someone else’s hands, PalmSprings.com could have been parked or less developed and worth nowhere near as much. If you have the talent and vision to develop a generic mega-domain, please give people like us a call.”

David Castello

•••
•••
"Your Premium Listing Just Sold"

-- GoDaddy

•••
Conceive, believe, achieve

"Anything the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can be achieved,"

~ Napoleon Hill

•••
Some of my personal favorites:

"Where you start is not nearly as important as where you finish"
~ Zig Ziglar

"(Tool+Training+Experience) x Mindset = Goal/Success. BUT if your mindset is zero then equation is (100 + 100 +100) x 0 = Failure”
~ Anonymous

•••
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Recently I found some great words of advice from a monthly magazine printed in 1906, titled Salesmanship. Very applicable to this day.

From the first word you speak in your selling talk, avoid the defensive attitude, for the implied need of a defense of your product is not calculated to impress its merits upon your prospect's mind. Assume the affirmative and positive. Minimize his objections as much as possible without slighting them. Dispense with them as quickly as possible to inculcate in their stead new ideas of an affirmative kind about your product, which shall actuate him to buy.

•••
•••
"Offer me something i cannot refuse"

:D

•••
" MAKE KNOWN THE UNKNOWN "

" CONQUER YOURSELF "

which I also apply every day in every aspect of my life..

•••
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" ;) Seriously though quotes are just silly.

•••
Not a big fan of motivational quotes but have to admit I rather like: “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”

•••
The Future is created by what you do TODAY Not TOMORROW

•••
"Close the deal now, or i will raise the price tag by $500 every hour. My time is precious!"

:laugh:

•••
"As long as you are working for someone else, you will spend your life making someone else rich." -Me :D

•••
I really like Shane Cultra's (DomainShane) bio:

"Outsmarting the Dumb, Outworking the Smart."

•••
"My domain is not for sale. Make me change my mind."

:laugh:

•••
•••
I'm a student. Don't have a lot of money. Can you sell me your domain for $50? It's very important for me.

•••
The following may not be a domaining quote but a quote from a friend which I wrote from another thread :-o

I re-quote this from a friend:

"2015 new year resolutions is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which should have been done in 2013 from the promises made in 2012 that were planned in 2011"

•••
The Future is created by what you do TODAY Not TOMORROW

Very true. Reminds me of "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

•••
"Out there is a fortune.. Waiting to be had..if you think I let it go..your mad..you got another thing coming!".. A song lyric from Judaes Priest song, " You got another thing coming"

Music also motivates me..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back