domains More than one person wanted Assholes.com

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Adam Dicker owned assholes.com for many years, the domain was listed at Sedo for a buy it now of $15,000. Adam started a sales thread Friday at Namepros where he listed the domain for a significantly lower price. I had texted a few people about it because I thought the price was attractive. The first […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As long as someone is present there will be an asshole.

•••
I saw the tweet of the purchase by Rosener on twitter earlier today. Wonder who owns the other variant.

Last edited:
•••
In a related story, Sh*t.com is for sale at Sedo, with a minimum offer price of $10K.

•••
73A7A5CC-9BAA-4DE2-AC29-4AAB3881C0B0.jpeg

Thank you, Mr. Rosener, for liberating assholes.com from Adam Dicker.

Love your enthusiasm

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Great domain, great buyer and a great seller. Congratulations to both. I'm wondering should we see the domain listed on NameJet soon, where Andrew tends to list afaik...

Last edited:
•••
Anyone see what it was listed for on Namepros?

To guess on a sold price, I would assume in the $5-10K range, maybe somewhere in the middle at $8K.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I prefer the British version, arseholes. It sounds more posh ;)

•••
This is a great time to sell such names given the hostile political climate.

We also have to take away if A.D. had a $15K bin on it for years, along with contact information on how to get a hold of him for many years also, why didn't it sell? Maybe people aren't willing to spend that kind of money? It always takes just 1 buyer though, so you never know, obviously he is a savvy domain investor, and knows the space, and knows how to outbound, to kind of post it on namepros is sort of a last avenue to sell it quickly which would mean others were not willing to step up to their ask, or counter.

•••
Last edited:
•••
https://twitter.com/andrewrosener/status/1208484031236657152?s=20

You prefer "color" or "colour" too?

Why are British versions' of ways to say things, longer?

Americans win ;)
At the end of the day it really depends who is willing to pay more, majority of the time the American versions sell for more, but there are outliers out of the UK, and other places from time to time. Really depends where you hail from, and where your attended audience is from, most would like to own both.

•••
•••
... Really depends where you hail from, and where your attended audience is from, most would like to own both.

I figured most would prefer to avoid ambiguity and avoid the word, altogether.
  • Shorter color is the preferred spelling in the United States
  • Rest of the English-speaking world uses longer, “colour.”
Sounds like a "lose-lose."(Grammar.com)

Last edited:
•••
https://twitter.com/andrewrosener/status/1208484031236657152?s=20

You prefer "color" or "colour" too?

Why are British versions' of ways to say things, longer?

Americans win ;) damn Yankees
If you want good reading on the subject there was a company a few years back called Color Labs out of Palo Alto, who I believe acquired Color.com thru Godaddy for about $350K, don't quote me on it, they might have also acquired Colour.com, they were trying to change social interaction, and were eventually bought out by Apple, mainly for their engineers, as the app totally bombed, but they were funded by some of the biggest VC's in silicon valley, a good read on their story if you have time.

So they had all the money, some great engineers, great co founders, great domain, and it still didn't work out as they wanted.

•••
Yes, Americans win if you go for the shortest versions. I have no idea why Brits use the longer versions. Maybe a Briton can enlighten us?
Because the British spelling is the correct spelling. Yes I'm a Brit 😎. Bring it on 🎵🎵🎵

•••
British. And only British. Back to classics :)

•••
I don't know, Dicker owning Assholes.com sounded better than Rosener owning it ;)

•••
•••
I don't know, Dicker owning Assholes.com sounded better than Rosener owning it
I guess he will sell it on NameJet auction anyway :) Maybe back to Adam, why not?

Last edited:
•••
Yes, Americans win if you go for the shortest versions. I have no idea why Brits use the longer versions. Maybe a Briton can enlighten us?

Because maybe that's the correct way or the original dialect? Obviously English words may have adapted over time in some countries in terms of spelling/pronunciation, but for the most part America adopter of English language.

In terms domains, obviously the biggest market is America, the UK domaining market isn't all that big or many UK companies are quite happy to go with .co.uk, so if there are 2 variants of spellings in British and American English, the US version .com is usually more valuable.

•••
This is a great time to sell such names given the hostile political climate.

We also have to take away if A.D. had a $15K bin on it for years, along with contact information on how to get a hold of him for many years also, why didn't it sell? Maybe people aren't willing to spend that kind of money? It always takes just 1 buyer though, so you never know, obviously he is a savvy domain investor, and knows the space, and knows how to outbound, to kind of post it on namepros is sort of a last avenue to sell it quickly which would mean others were not willing to step up to their ask, or counter.

Adam listed it here for sale substantially below $15,000 I know the price as a courtesy to Rosener and Adam I did not post it since they did not. Adam removed the name here from the post with an edit about hour and a half after listing it.

•••
dam my dreams of being ceo of assholes.com are over

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back