IT.COM

Monthly Charge or % of domain Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

toughdomains

Top Member
Impact
We are thinking of changing some pricing of certain products and wanted to see what the experts (you guys) have to say?

This question is for a domain offer page or domain sales page similar to the ones you get free with parking companies or with a company like sedo.com something like this
https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=cuts.com

We realize there are many free offer page options with no buy it now option for free including our service. But once you can actually start paying for the name there are more things to consider. do you go through a third party vs do you allow the seller to take payment and trust they will transfer the name etc. If the seller is taking direct payment the service provider of the form needs to verify ownership of the name and make the seller accountable.

This question refers to a sales page that allows you to make offer or buy it now through stripe payment directly to you or through escrow.com. And this also refers to services that allow unlimited domains. (not paying different prices if I have 20 domains or 20,000)

Everything we see right now takes a % of your sale if you use their buy now. (flippa, sedo, afternic, godaddy etc) I guess I have two questions

1. Is there a service that lets you sell a domain through a sales form or escrow that does not charge a % of the sale and allow you to offer unlimited domains for sale?

2. If there was a service that allowed you to have a buy now page with unlimited domains would you rather pay a % of the domain sale? 10% to 15% of the sale price of the name
or would you rather pay a monthly or annual fee to maintain the service.

I know the best option is #3 which is free for everything.
However in order to program, maintain and upgrade the level of service we are considering (later offer paypal and bitcoin payments) there is a hard cost associated with the product offer.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@Pierre Barnard # 2 meaning you would rather pay a monthly or annual fee rather than a % of sale?

•••
Apologies @toughdomains, I misread the question (trying to skim through too many things).

1. Is the Efty Escrow service not free to use? Apologies I am not 100% sure. Although you pay a monthly fee for the service (minimal).

2. I would rather pay a % of each sale, because my portfolio is small (ish) and it would suit me better. I would imagine domainers with larger portfolios and actively selling them, would go for an annual/monthly fee.

•••
@Pierre Barnard as far as we know efty charges a monthly fee for first 50 domains. but yes if you pay the monthly its "free". We offer free offer forms that will soon be connected to escrow for free zero monthly fee. We are considering changing our pricing plans to unlimited free with monthly fee or unlimited name with % of sales.....thanks for the vote of % of sale....

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back