IT.COM

question Monetising Or Marketing Brandables

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameVerve

Established Member
Impact
Hi few questions about options for brandables.

I love short, catchy brandables, I've got quite a few with about 15 listing soon on BB which I believe is an easy way of advertising them even though it may take a while to sell.

Questions:

Firstly how do others market their brandables outside of the established sites like BB, Namerific etc...do you just list them on your own site and wait or do you actively market them? If you market them then do you approach specific companies and if so which, startups, established companies? and what would be your pitch (in general).

Secondly: Because of the very nature of a short brandable compared to a keyword rich domain, has anyone ever tried to monetise them and if so how do you go about it when they are often so obscure and don't necessarily relate to a specific industry or sector.

Hope I made myself clear, thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well brandables are a bit tricky, mostly because your end-user does not have a business yet, therefore it'll be a little hard to find him :-,

A great brandable domain name might recieve offers with inbound reaching..

I'm open for ideas for outbound reaching other than the ones you've mentioned..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back