domain MOLLY.com

NameSilo
Watch

Viet

Upgraded Member
Impact
I would love to entertain the appraisal for this name Molly.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Just the name yes
It's obviously an amazing domain worth a lot of money.

The domain, without any business, is easily worth into six figures.

From there, it really depends on the end user.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Like Brad says, ultimately depends on the buyer, what business they’re in, how much they think they’d gain with that name. I’m seeing 864 daily direct type-in traffic x $4.31 CPC x 365 days = $1.36M annual savings on search ad spend alone. You know the actual traffic numbers so you can see how that might look to someone who plans to build a lasting business on that.

•••
entertain the appraisal for this name Molly.com
For Entertainment Purposes Only = Molly.com is approximately $207,900

•••
The first few dozen Google results, when you type "molly" in quotations, is about the drug:

"3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA) is a synthetic drug that alters mood and perception. It is chemically similar to stimulants and hallucinogens. MDMA is commonly called Ecstasy or Molly."

Any developer may have a lot of work to do to get a website/service/product to rank higher than all those in the SERPs. ;)

That unfortunate obstacle aside, beautiful name. Common-girl-name domains are popular for a wide variety of branding and project names. Especially female fashion and cosmetics and accessories and arts and... well, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Does not need to be related to female products at all. Tons of companies use female names as branding. Lynda.com (for learning), Ashley.com (for furniture), Mary.com (for games) come to mind immediately. Could make a long list if I were to think about it.

I agree with above valuations. There's a wide swing to the prices, as it depends entirely upon the scope of the potential buyers' projects, and their funding. But anywhere in the low, medium, or even high xxx,xxx range for this one.

Superb domain. Too many uses (and potential buyers) to name. Taken in 187 extensions, according to DotDB. And part of the domain string of thousands more. Even some of the multiple-word companies (eg: MollyMaid) may like this one, as a shortener for re-branding?

Good luck

•••
XXXXXX$, at least 250,000$ for end user I think.

•••
The first few dozen Google results, when you type "molly" in quotations, is about the drug:

"3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA) is a synthetic drug that alters mood and perception. It is chemically similar to stimulants and hallucinogens. MDMA is commonly called Ecstasy or Molly."

Any developer may have a lot of work to do to get a website/service/product to rank higher than all those in the SERPs. ;)

That unfortunate obstacle aside, beautiful name. Common-girl-name domains are popular for a wide variety of branding and project names. Especially female fashion and cosmetics and accessories and arts and... well, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Does not need to be related to female products at all. Tons of companies use female names as branding. Lynda.com (for learning), Ashley.com (for furniture), Mary.com (for games) come to mind immediately. Could make a long list if I were to think about it.

I agree with above valuations. There's a wide swing to the prices, as it depends entirely upon the scope of the potential buyers' projects, and their funding. But anywhere in the low, medium, or even high xxx,xxx range for this one.

Superb domain. Too many uses (and potential buyers) to name. Taken in 187 extensions, according to DotDB. And part of the domain string of thousands more. Even some of the multiple-word companies (eg: MollyMaid) may like this one, as a shortener for re-branding?

Good luck
I agree the word Molly all though a fantastic one word domain, the association it has to an illegal party drug and all the content about it. It will be very very difficult in an end users SEO game. They will have to consider and factor the cost of hiring an entire team to do nothing but SEO and they may seriously deter a good percentage of possibly end users. So in my professional opinion and based of these facts, I would value Molly.com around 50-75k

•••
Possibly 24-50k unless it's an end user whose website is directly about the drug Molly, I really don't see the brandability of molly.com truthfully 25-50k. It's association for brandability is tainted

•••
That's like the domain Powder or whitegirl.com

•••
Easy six figure.

Let's wait for @Jordon M. to come in 🤣

•••
$9k to $45k = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation) - End User = 6-Figures

•••
nothing less than 6 figures, i would of course sell it in the 7 figure range. ty.

•••
nice name, at least $250K (end user) . I wouldn't bother with retail, if you are able to hold long time hold

•••
First names make great memorable brands.

From the top of my Dave (TV channel), Ryan.com.

Problem with this one is there are 2 spelling variants (Molly and Mollie), a year or 2 ago i remember Louise dot com (a more common name than Molly) selling at Sedo's great domain auction for $15k.

Names like this 'can' sell for a lot of money if a company or person (called Molly) comes along and feels they 'must' own this domain and owner digs their heels in and demands a lot of money for it, if you don't get that (and some domains you don't), you can't expect to get a life changing sum for it.

But this is a valuable asset, I think it would sell for around $30k-$60k at auction like Namescon (reseller market) with as said above potential to reach $200k-$300k to that perfect buyer.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back