Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

discuss Million Dollars

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

mAd MaX

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
891
Hi,

Is asking million dollars for ccTLD ( popular) domain absurd?

Thanks
MaX
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hi,

Is asking million dollars for ccTLD ( popular) domain absurd?

Thanks
MaX

Probably yes. Namebio only mentions 3 ccTLD sales above 1M.

Maybe if it's an absolute killer domain in .de but I wouldn't get my hopes up unless you're sitting on a true gem.
 
1
•••
Probably yes. Namebio only mentions 3 ccTLD sales above 1M.

Maybe if it's an absolute killer domain in .de but I wouldn't get my hopes up unless you're sitting on a true gem.
Could you please explain a little more?
 
0
•••
2
•••
You’re mad, Max! Seriously though, I can’t imagine it would make sense to list over 1 million. I can only find one confirmed cctld sale over 1 million: kredit.de.
I suppose a domain like buy.co.uk or insurance.ca might sell for that range, but even with those it would be unlikely. You’d miss out on a lot of offers if you listed a domain that high. I feel like a ‘make offer’ is the best option for high end domains regardless of the tld. Do you have a domain in mind or is this hypothetical?
 
1
•••
You’re mad, Max! Seriously though, I can’t imagine it would make sense to list over 1 million. I can only find one confirmed cctld sale over 1 million: kredit.de.
I suppose a domain like buy.co.uk or insurance.ca might sell for that range, but even with those it would be unlikely. You’d miss out on a lot of offers if you listed a domain that high. I feel like a ‘make offer’ is the best option for high end domains regardless of the tld. Do you have a domain in mind or is this hypothetical?
I have a domain which I believe worth close to million but that's I think let see what buyer thinks.
 
0
•••
I have a domain which I believe worth close to million but that's I think let see what buyer thinks.

Best of luck! Feel free to PM me the domain if you'd like a more specific opinion.
 
1
•••
Best of luck! Feel free to PM me the domain if you'd like a more specific opinion.
I would, definitely if needed 👍
 
0
•••
It is not absurd, you can ask how much you want for your domain. If tomorrow someone wants to ask 1 billion for something.xyz, then it is his right, absurd is someone paying for it :)

It is just like selling your house. If your house real price is $100,000 and you ask $1,000,000 it is not absurd, the person who would buy it, would be nuts.
 
1
•••
It is totally up to the quality of the domain.

Can you not reveal the name? Is it a secret?
 
2
•••
1
•••
1
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back