IT.COM

status-deferred Should ridiculous prices be allowed??

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

imadoer

Top Member
Impact
How many times have you clicked on a domain for sale and seen that the person is asking a million dollars or more for a reg fee name? Is anyone tired of the waste of space??? I know we are all dreamers but to post something on a reseller forum for sale with really absurd prices shouldnt be allowed,

Thoughts and opinions appreciated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just ran across one for 7.5 mil for an alphanumeric domain... But no worries, if you need a discount just PM them (and the numbers are lucky keep in mind). lol :xf.grin::ROFL::xf.cry:

I would personally purpose that a user must receive a certain proportion of likes to posts before they can start spamming the for sale or wanted forums. That might be a good way to make sure someone has read, participated in discussions, and has some knowledge base before trying to sell. It would actually help them in the end - and clean up some of the muck.

•••
We appreciate all the contributions to this discussion.

At the moment, we aren't going to take this on. However, once we have an input box for dollar amounts and the ability to sort by price, we will revisit it. :)

Thanks.

Notating a constructive comment by Michael:
That said, marketplaces could implement a quality AI valuation and allow visitors to sort by “Best Value” instead of just price, traffic, offers, etc. Basically rank the results by the ratio of the asking price to appraised value. That way the complete idiots and dreamers get buried and less time is wasted. Showing a bunch of domains that will never sell hurts the marketplaces’ chance of making a sale and earning a commission.

Sorting by price is ineffective because then you only get “crap” or “crazy” depending on which way you sort. But a Best Value sort could show a million dollar domain priced at $200k right next to a $5k domain priced at $1k.

And for NamePros, you can solve the problem like Snoopy said, just by not allowing more than one or two bumps before mods close the thread. The sellers will eventually learn how to price for resellers when they make no sales, and less time will be wasted. That way you only have to see a dumb thread two or three times instead of 150.

•••
@Support Team
it was a good move to add to your rules that auction endtimes must be reasonable.

I'd like to see similar rule added for asking prices.

I mean what is the purpose of coming to np to try and sell to resellers names for 500k or 1million+

https://www.namepros.com/threads/petrol-company.1094575/

......among other examples.

can u add such a rule plz? and perhaps keep higher figures only possible in the premium/liquid sale forums.

thanks!

•••
can u add such a rule plz? and perhaps keep higher figures only possible in the premium/liquid sale forums.
Please review the previous reply by Support Team in this thread.

I hope that helps,

it was a good move to add to your rules that auction endtimes must be reasonable.
I just wanted to let you know that we didn’t add a rule for it:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back