IT.COM

.tv Michael Berkens rejects $125K offer for D.TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Wow,

Michael Berkens, One of the most respected domainers in the World has this Dot TV offer and rejection notice written on his WorldWide Media site...

http://www.wwmi.com/recently-rejected-offers/

Pretty Incredible News of values placed on the tv extension from one of the most reliable sources in our Industry. IMHO.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's changed?

I've been away for a while. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Tuvalu sinked.
So existing .tv are very rare and valuable.
Even random 16L.com are worth at least mid XX.XXX$
Hope it helps.

•••
sdsinc

e.co will sell for closer to $350K or above than to an amount where they "struggle to make a profit"

and I think in 2011.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Your right I hardly ever post or even visit forums.

I write a little blog so that's my voice. I have over 2,400 posts in just 3 years and over 34,000 published comments.

I spend 2+ hours a day on the blog, writing, managing comments, removing spam etc etc and that pretty much takes up all the time I would have to spend on forums.

•••
Tuvalu sinked.
So existing .tv are very rare and valuable.
Even random 16L.com are worth at least mid XX.XXX$
Hope it helps.

exactly! :lol:

Hey Michael,

Thank You very much for entering my thread here, and sharing your thoughts/opinions and your reasonings of your valuations for your own domains.

Most Domainers insight into our own domaining purchases, and our own valuations seems very personal most of the time. We all have our own philosophy of why this is worth that much, etc.

Some will see a lot of domainers valuations as crazy, and most of the time they may be right but to come on here and share your educated and personal knowledge with the whole online world...Well, I have to tell you, and I am sure I am speaking for others when I say this but It is VERY appreciated.

As for those few who don't believe whether or not any offers written from anyone are valid or not...Well, They will never believe anyone ever so it really doesn't matter wtf they say anyways. lol

Lets hope to see more $xxx,xxx sales AND offers for our TV's in 2011!

Thx and best of luck,
Vito

Last edited:
•••
Your right I hardly ever post or even visit forums.

I write a little blog so that's my voice. I have over 2,400 posts in just 3 years and over 34,000 published comments.

I spend 2+ hours a day on the blog, writing, managing comments, removing spam etc etc and that pretty much takes up all the time I would have to spend on forums.

Michael can you let us know if it was a reseller offer or an enduser?
I m asking because most of my offers come from resellers while endusers appear every once in a while but they mostly come from Europe.

•••
sdsinc

e.co will sell for closer to $350K or above than to an amount where they "struggle to make a profit"

and I think in 2011.
Why not but I just don't believe in the crazy valuation models. My prediction for 2011 is that .co will turn out to be another flop for domainers.

And 2011 will be another year of stagnation for .tv :lala:

•••
2010 Certainly was not a year of stagnation for .tv, I doubt 2011 will be either. It should be a year of weeding out average names from one's portfolio and focusing on top tier names.

•••
2010 Certainly was not a year of stagnation for .tv, I doubt 2011 will be either. It should be a year of weeding out average names from one's portfolio and focusing on top tier names.

Everyone says that. Perhaps one day I'll figure out what makes a name "Top Tier".

I'm pretty sure that I don't have one to focus on. :)

•••
I would say DF if someone doesn't own a top tier name, which IMO is a top 100 city,state or country Geo, a L or LL.tv or a top product or service name. Then focus on the name you own you like the best that you know the most about. People have to stop deluding themselves they are going to turn 500 names into 500 businesses. Find the one you like the most and run, for most people that will result in a greater profit than pure .tv domain flipping and investing IMO. Again for most people not all people. Again IMO

•••
I would say DF if someone doesn't own a top tier name, which IMO is a top 100 city,state or country Geo, a L or LL.tv or a top product or service name. Then focus on the name you own you like the best that you know the most about. People have to stop deluding themselves they are going to turn 500 names into 500 businesses. Find the one you like the most and run, for most people that will result in a greater profit than pure .tv domain flipping and investing IMO. Again for most people not all people. Again IMO

I don't have one of them and you're probably right but that's a definitely a narrow definition of "top tier". That's like the top .01 % of names.

I'm doing ok. I got my few to focus on.

•••
I don't think I own any of those too DF, but I would say the top what ? 200 products, top 100 services and all the sports,music,etc... Obviously names that are not at the top sell. I think its hard in .tv with brandables, I own some but I will flip cheaper than most probably will. I do that because I think there are still a lot of choices. People go to .com and all the CVCV.com are taken, even all the best LLLLL.com so they will pay up, but in .tv you still have a lot of room. I just handregged NEVO.tv on the drop, in .com that name is probably $1500-$2000 to just another domainer but in .tv I need the perfect end user to get X,XXX for the name. I sold 79 names in December for clients not one sale was over $500. They were happy to go from $10 to $300-$500, as am I unless its a great name.

Tonight I got an email from a guy who told me that he got a $25,000 offer on a .tv, I said great, he said "GLAD you think its great, I think its pretty low" I have not been able to move anything for him because he wants top dollar for every name.

So I guess you pick your style here and go with it, I believe there will be very few if any x,xxx,xxx sales in .tv but many do and that's cool. I personally could not turn down $200,000 for a .tv on the way to $1,000,000 but I do root for those who can do that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back