Dynadot

question Meta. unknown extensions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lyman

Established Member
Impact
is it a good idea to register Meta.unknown extensions that have almost no sales history?

I mean it, the exact word "meta" is available in some extensions so is it a good investment to do?

What you think.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you're buying something to flip off to Facebook (or Meta), not so sure how that will play out. As a goliath company (like Google), they will eventually own all (or most) meaningful / significant extensions associated with their brand, probably. Less popular ones with no sales history or significance...I would say its worth a hold...if cheap, and if you can get one. Other projects outside of Facebook doing stuff in the Metaverse, using the extension ending in some creative way / abbreviation, this is a fair outlook of it, and NOT thinking about "Daddy Meta". If the sole intent is to wait and hold for "Daddy Meta" to give you a big number, you may be disappointed (or worse). Consider the legalities, don't bring them up...keep the intent in a different place. IMO

Last edited:
•••
If you're buying something to flip off to Facebook (or Meta), not so sure how that will play out. As a goliath company (like Google), they will eventually own all (or most) meaningful / significant extensions associated with their brand, probably. Less popular ones with no sales history or significance...I would say its worth a hold...if cheap, and if you can get one. Other projects outside of Facebook doing stuff in the Metaverse, using the extension ending in some creative way / abbreviation, this is a fair outlook of it, and NOT thinking about "Daddy Meta". If the sole intent is to wait and hold for "Daddy Meta" to give you a big number, you may be disappointed (or worse). Consider the legalities, don't bring them up...keep the intent in a different place. IMO
Thank you very much jhm for the detailed advice, definitely I will stick to it in my future investments

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back