Dynadot

news Meta to layoff 11k - "MetaDisaster"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainNameFlow

Established Member
Impact
After renaming the company to Meta and blowing $15B $uckerburg took the responsibility. Most industry people/domainers weren't happy either at place anyway after he tried to steal all limelight and trying to be monopoly in Metaverse space. This whole attempt not only hurt the established company FB brand and revenue, but also will create more chaos in already slower economy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/09/meta-to-lay-off-more-than-11000-thousand-employees.html

Please share your thoughts on how this could impact the Metaverse related domains and other development in near and long term future.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The metaverse is still in development, and is in a very early stage, just like their was the video game industry crash in 1983 and everybody thought that video games were just a fad, it completely changed when nintendo nes came a long. Meta/Facebook is just one company trying their best but seem to be failing right now which could change in the future, but this does not mean that because of one company the whole metaverse industry will fail, until there comes a better company with a better headset/glasses it can go mainstream just like games are now. The metaverse may take years and years before it will succeed.

•••
It's still early, but FB was desperate to go onto the next thing. FB is dead. Instagram is next. So they need the next trend in social media to stay relevant.

•••
The writing's on the wall for Facebook Inc.
Yes I know they're called Meta.

Faceborg and others, including yt are falling over themselves to somehow mutate into Tiktok. I'm sorry to break it to them but the kids have spoken. They control what's popular and what's not.

The shift started long ago - they became controlling, contemptuous of their users (and their user's followings, coordinated banning of people, or so it seemed etc), over complicated, trying to become everything to everyone and worst of all for them... unfashionable and unlikeable.

The metaverse push was a final hurrah for zuck to cling onto relevance, it didn't go well.

•••
IMO metaverse is a really big project which has potential (don't get me wrong). But it's 2 early to create a hype for it. It sounds really cool, but isn't functional which loses intrest after some months. Mabye they should've kept it on low attention.

•••
•••
•••
MetaDisaster, good domain ...I AIn't cryin' the blues :'(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back