IT.COM

Mentor Videos: Entrepreneurship, Business Sales & Marketing, Persuasion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
What is the Idea of their Life? How they interpret success, goals, wealth & riches.
How to think/do business?

Can we share with each other the best lessons, mentoring sessions, inspirational business videos, tutorials, interviews & every other inspirational stuff from all around the world.

Life, Success, Business, Sales Marketing Inspirational Mentoring Sessions, Please share anything you find.
The first video I am sharing will surely be a classic mentoring session.

Jordan Belfort - 10 Reasons Most People Are Broke
If everyone wants to be financially successful then why isn’t everyone wealthy? The answer isn’t a simple one, but I have created this list to help show some of the destructive behaviors, mistakes, and ideologies that people fall into that keep them from achieving success. Not all of these points will apply to you, but identifying the ones that do will help you reach your goals.
10. People are unable to manage their state
By state I mean your physiological and emotional state. Simply put, this is how you feel in the moment. You can be the most talented person in the world, but if you are in a disempowered emotional state you can’t achieve crap. You are in a disempowered state if you feel overwhelmed, uncertain, or fearful. These will influence your decisions and undermine your ability to reach your aspirations and goals. If you find you are constantly experiencing these you are only setting yourself up for failure.........

09. They Set Impotent Goals
The reason most people are not successful is not because they set their goals too high and miss them; it’s because they set their goals too low and hit them. If your goals are low and you keep hitting them then you need to raise your ambitions. You need to have a continuing dedication to going further than those around you. Don’t set your goal for average because average sucks.....

08. They Subscribe to The Secret.

The philosophy outlined in the book The Secret is not only counter-productive, it is a load of crap. According to The Secret, the way to gain success is to go into a quiet room in your house, turn off the lights, close the shades, sit on the couch, and imagine a check with a big number. If you believe in The Secret, eventually this check should show up at your door. Does this work? No! Why would it?.....

07. They have Limiting Beliefs about Life and Money

Poor people believe they are creatures of circumstance. Because of this, life happens to them. Rich people believe they are creators of circumstance. Because of this, they create opportunities within their lives. There isn’t any more destructive belief in the world than to think that life happens to you. Here are three things that happen to you when you believe that you don’t create your own destiny:.....

06. They Choose Bad Mentors.

You must be careful who you choose as your mentor. People without money are very quick to offer their advice, and the world is full of people who claim to be life coaches, business coaches, or success coaches. The scary thing is that most of them haven’t achieved anything. If you find a life coach over the Internet how do you know they’ve actually achieved something? On the flip-side rich people can make for bad mentors too. In the movie Wall Street the character Gordon Gekko says, “Greed is good.” I made the mistake of taking this line to heart. I thought that greed was something from which I could draw motivation. The truth is that greed is not good....

05. They are Controlled by Fear.

Fear is a natural part of the business world. If the path to success were clear cut and infallible than everyone would be wealthy. Because it isn’t everyone must deal with situations that make him or her anxious. There are three different ways to process and manage fear. The first two options will destroy your chances for a successful and healthy life while the third gives you the mindset you need to use fear to your advantage.....

04. They Try to Reinvent the Wheel.

Poor people always try to come up with something spectacular and new to make their fortune. This is the biggest trap you face as you work toward your goals. Instead of something new, what you need is a proven system, one that you know works and will help you gain successes. Warren Buffet once said, “When I buy a business I want to make sure that the system is so good that even an idiot can run it because sooner or later one will.” I believe this statement, and that’s why I developed the Straight Line System. It’s so simple that I was able to use it to help hundreds of struggling companies and thousands of people become wealthy.

03. They are Lousy at Business.

I started my first business, Manchester Farms Meat and Seafood, when I was twenty-one years old. I started with one truck and within seven months I had twenty-six trucks and was a millionaire, except I was making every mistake in the book. My business was growing on credit; I over-expanded and was overcapitalized, and just like that I was out of business and bankrupt at twenty-three. I made these mistakes because I didn’t have any business experience. If you don’t have any business experience it’s nothing to be ashamed of.

02. They are Uncomfortable with Words like “Sales,” Marketing,” and “Persuasion”

Either you’re selling and persuading or you’re failing. You may not sell products, but you have to have the ability to sell yourself and your concepts. You don’t need to master persuasion, but you need to become effective at it. It is the most crucial skill that any person could have. Even Warren Buffet, who many don’t think of as being a master salesman, has admitted publicly that persuasion is the single most important skill he has. You don’t need to become a hard-core sales person, but you have to learn how to become...

01. They Slave Away for a Paycheck

There are only two jobs where you can make real money if you work for someone else: If you work in a job that gives you a heavy commission. If you work in the investment banking industry and can leverage off of a huge company’s assets. Other than these two exceptions if you really want to get ahead in life you have to own your own business. I am not saying that you need to quit your job immediately....

Complete Text:
http://media.jordanbelfortglobal.com/bonus/10reasons.pdf

Any videos or clips shared in this thread is not for promoting any links advertised there, the only purpose should be to share knowledge.

Please share anything you find great for visitors of Namepros.com.
Note: Inspiration & Idea of this thread came from top class business & marketing articles & blogs posted by @Ali Zandi

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have to Be Closing All the Time
There is no such thing as a "no sale" call. A sale is made on every call you make. You either sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can't. Either way it's a sale. The question is, who's gonna close, you or him? Be relentless!
Well this one is not coming exclusively from 'mentors', but yes this quote is shared quite too often by them.
I have stumbled upon these lines quite a few times while reading some marketing & sales niche articles. One of the most quoted lines that sums up some entire chapters of on selling, persuasion & lead generation.
It is definitely a great scene to watch from "Boiler Room", a movie that I have not watched yet, just two scenes while searching for the quote mentioned above.
Watch this here,

Thanks for reaching here, your feedback, comments & shares are quite valuable.

•••
Jordan Belfort - a "mentor????" Scammed people out of their money? Controversy surrounding subsequent restitution payments? Nice role model :-,.

Actually more interesting to analyze the tactics he's using to market his own "system" to his audience ... Beware of "motivational speakers" with an information product to sell. Be wary of information products in general - the seller (and their affiliates) are lining their pockets, not yours.

Try some of Gary Vaynerchuk's videos - too many to pick one - YouTube as GaryVaynerchuk, GaryVee on Twitter. They're free.

Last edited:
•••
Jordan Belfort - a "mentor????" Scammed people out of their money? Controversy surrounding subsequent restitution payments? Nice role model :-,.

Actually more interesting to analyze the tactics he's using to market his own "system" to his audience ... Beware of "motivational speakers" with an information product to sell. Be wary of information products in general - the seller (and their affiliates) are lining their pockets, not yours.

Try some of Gary Vaynerchuk's videos - too many to pick one - YouTube as GaryVaynerchuk, GaryVee on Twitter. They're free.
I shared it in good faith, as the content(10 points) & info in the session is quite useful, if we can visualize it irrespective of what he did or what people in his line of work (stocks) do.

The points discussed were quite positive & carries weight, and even if he is projecting his own system, who cares, everyone does. I/we too am/are projecting my/our own system/projects/ideas in different ways, & everyone does it. Any entrepreneur speaker is simply selling himself at one side or his stuffs.

In our line of work also, we do add value to words, after all buying a thing of around $100-2000 & selling it well around $10,000-15000+/- is simply persuasion, marketing & the art of selling and taken very positively, as anyone can watch videos @ domainsherpa regarding best sellers. We cannot call it positive, negative or scamming, but just simply value addition, persuasion & selling stuff to the supposedly right buyer at the 'best price' that is fine, after all he is convinced with that buying.

Regarding Jordon Belfort, quite aware about his financial irregularities him committed, and I in no way support, neither I am any kind of his fan/supporter. I didnt post his session to promote him, simply I find it interesting.

Currently he is WELL PAID for his motivational speeches as we can see the top brands banners & posters behind him in his speeches.. ...."His speaking engagements are run through his business Global Motivation Inc, and as of 2014 Belfort was spending three weeks out of each month on the road for speaking engagements. The main theme of his speeches include the importance of business ethics and learning from the mistakes he made during the 1990s—such as believing that skirting the rules of financial regulators because it was a common thing to do, did not justify his actions. His per engagement speaking fees have been about $30,000-$75,000 and his per sales seminar fee can be $80,000 or more" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Belfort

The point is even with that controversial past, right now he is selling Ethics & Motivation & not suggesting any controversial or scamming things. :)

However, I understand your point, and agree to your feedback as well to an extent in my own way, as it is quite obviously a very thoughtful reflection of your knowledge.

Indeed very thankful for your suggestion of GaryVaynerchuk, I will surely work & study on this theme and will come up with more posts.

Last edited:
•••
So, lets take expert professional domainers version on domain marketing & lead generation.
Here are two Interviews of @Ali Zandi , Director @ Perception.com. It would be a terrific watch for anyone visiting here.
Ali Zandi is the director of sales and acquisitions at Perception.com, a private domain name investment fund. Prior to Perception, Zandi was the senior domain broker at Flippa.com.

How to Sell Domain Names Like a Super Seller on Flippa – With Ali Zandi
Ali Zandi entered the domain name industry as an investor in mid-2014. He started by purchasing 10 domain names and sold every single one within 30 days on Flippa.

He did such a good job, he moved from selling about $2,000 to $12,000 in a period of three months, was upgraded from “New” to “Super Seller” on Flippa, and was offered a newly created senior broker position at Flippa. (His sales are now $402,000 in the first 7 months.)

$58,000 Profit Flipping 8 Domains in Under 60 Days – With Ali Zandi
On this Profitable Flips show, we talk to past Sherpa Ali Zandi, who only entered the industry in mid-2014 and continues to make big sales.

In the two weeks leading up to this show, Zandi sold 8 domains within 60 days of acquiring them — grossing more than $165,000, with a profit of more than $58,000.

Please watch these shows, these interviews are a great chapter in Marketing, Lead Generation, Managing Auctions, Portfolio Selling & Communicating with End Users.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back