IT.COM

information McDonalds force deletes valuable domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wurdd

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Anyone come across these today? Over one hundred dot com names dropped including archdeluxe, mickeyd, welovetoseeyousmile, mccash, mcfood, mctravel, cosmc, mcbaby, mchappy, and more. It looks like they moved them from in-house management over to CSC and force deleted the ones they didn't want. Crazy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like the Hamburgler got his pink-slip! :(

Mostly garbage .. although I think dropping a few like WeLovetoSeeYouSmile, McHappy and McMenu might have been a little too aggressive .. but it's garbage for the most part .. or otherwise protected by TM so some would be unusable in anything resto related.

I thought WeLoveToSeeYouSmile was a good name as well. I also thought MickeyD, maccash, mccash, cosmc, bigredshoe, whatcamefirst, hugem, mctravel, facetheglory were decent names too and McD should have held on to them. FinSrvs also is a good shortener. Most TM and junk, though. I agree.

Main reason I posted this is for informational usage and I think we need more of that here on Namepros. Personally, I love to see what large corps are registering and dropping.

Last edited:
•••
I saw MickeyD in a dropping list and considered backordering it. Not knowing it was a McDonald's drop
I decided not to for fear of TM issues.

•••
McDowell's would be a great end user for these domains.

•••
•••
I hope my indian buddies on here don't hate me too much for this one.

mcweggie.com available. (aka mcveggie.com) I live in an indian neighborhood and love when they order a "Weggie" sandwich :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh::-P:-P:-P:ROFL::ROFL:
Lol yes it’s quite popular in India, although their best selling here is McAlooTikki :)

•••
Looks like the Hamburgler got his pink-slip! :(

Mostly garbage .. although I think dropping a few like WeLovetoSeeYouSmile, McHappy and McMenu might have been a little too aggressive .. but it's garbage for the most part .. or otherwise protected by TM so some would be unusable in anything resto related.
The trademarks for most of those terms are now dead

•••
The trademarks for most of those terms are now dead
That's actually a bigger reason not to drop the .com for the best ones .. it means anyone can use them.

More importantly .. it means that they've possibly killed the Hamburgler forever! :(

•••
Don't fret, non-typo hamburglar.com is in safe CSC hands.

•••
Because they are smart.

They were smart back then for acquiring online real estate in the form of domains when it was relevant, they are even smarter now for getting rid of it.

Who even goes to McDonalds.com?

I'm working on something right now that will actually change the game.... Stay tuned, because you're going to want to be in on this one.

•••
Because they are smart.

They were smart back then for acquiring online real estate in the form of domains when it was relevant, they are even smarter now for getting rid of it.

Who even goes to McDonalds.com?

I'm working on something right now that will actually change the game.... Stay tuned, because you're going to want to be in on this one.
Drive thru is always lined up anytime I drive by

•••
Drive thru is always lined up anytime I drive by

Same for my location.

I think McDonald's has a bright future ahead of it.

•••
Same for my location.

I think McDonald's has a bright future ahead of it.
It’s that dollar menu, and they provide a lot of lower income people options $5 or under.

•••
It’s that dollar menu, and they provide a lot of lower income people options $5 or under.

Not anymore .. everything's been jacked up over the last year (up here in Canada at least). Steamie and I often go for huge walks, and our treat of choice is to share 2 McDoubles .. they've almost doubled in price .. heck .. maybe I'll become the next Hamburgler .. did that one get picked up yet? lol

•••
Not anymore .. everything's been jacked up over the last year (up here in Canada at least). Steamie and I often go for huge walks, and our treat of choice is to share 2 McDoubles .. they've almost doubled in price .. heck .. maybe I'll become the next Hamburgler .. did that one get picked up yet? lol

They have some good value options down south, plus seasonal promos.

McValue Menu & More
Grilled Onion Cheddar Burger $1.00
McDouble $1.39
McChicken $1.29
BBQ Ranch Burger $1.00
Cheeseburger $1.00
Double Cheeseburger $1.69
Daily Double $1.99
Bacon McDouble $2.00
4 Pc. Chicken McNuggets $1.99
20 Pc. Chicken McNuggets $5.00
Parfait $1.00
Side Salad $1.59
3 Cookies $1.00
Cone $1.00
Apple Slices 2 Bags $1.00
McValue Breakfast Menu
Sausage Burrito $1.29
Sausage McMuffin $1.19
Sausage Biscuit $1.19
Hash Browns $1.09
Egg & Cheese Biscuit $1.39
Cinnamon Melt $1.69
McCafe Drinks
Smoothie (Mango Pineapple, Strawberry Banana, or Blueberry Pomegranate) Small $2.39
Smoothie (Mango Pineapple, Strawberry Banana, or Blueberry Pomegranate) Medium $2.89
Smoothie (Mango Pineapple, Strawberry Banana, or Blueberry Pomegranate) Large $3.39
Frappe (Mocha, Caramel, or Chocolate Chip) Small $2.39
Frappe (Mocha, Caramel, or Chocolate Chip) Medium $2.89
Frappe (Mocha, Caramel, or Chocolate Chip) Large $3.39
Espresso & Chocolate (Mocha, Caramel Mocha, Iced Mocha, Iced Caramel Mocha, Latte, Hot Chocolate, White Chocolate Mocha or White Hot Chocolate) Small $2.39
Espresso & Chocolate (Mocha, Caramel Mocha, Iced Mocha, Iced Caramel Mocha, Latte, Hot Chocolate, White Chocolate Mocha or White Hot Chocolate) Medium $2.89
Espresso & Chocolate (Mocha, Caramel Mocha, Iced Mocha, Iced Caramel Mocha, Latte, Hot Chocolate, White Chocolate Mocha or White Hot Chocolate) Large $3.39
Premium Roast Coffee Small $1.00
Premium Roast Coffee Medium $1.29
Premium Roast Coffee Large $1.49
Iced Coffee Small $1.39
Iced Coffee Medium $1.79
Iced Coffee Large $1.99
Sweet Tea Small $1.00
Sweet Tea Medium $1.29
Sweet Tea Large $1.49
Soft Drink Small $1.00
Soft Drink Medium $1.29
Soft Drink Large $1.49
Orange Juice Small $1.59
Orange Juice Medium $1.89
Orange Juice Large $2.09
Milk $1.00
Dasani Water Bottle $1.00
Sweet Treats
Shake (Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry) Small $2.19
Shake (Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry) Medium $2.59
Shake (Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry) Large $2.99
Shamrock Shake (Limited Time) Small $2.19
Shamrock Shake (Limited Time) Medium $2.59
Shamrock Shake (Limited Time) Large $2.99

•••
I feel like for older generations "fast food" has some sort of a stigma associated with it.

I also find that for many younger people this is not the case.

Other than the stigma fast food has, it makes a lot of sense; it's fast, affordable, and has tons of variety. Also it has something few restaurant chains can offer: Global Consistency.

As the world becomes more globalized, people become more mobile, I can only think that fast food will become bigger and bigger.

•••
I feel like for older generations "fast food" has some sort of a stigma associated with it.

I also find that for many younger people this is not the case.

Other than the stigma fast food has, it makes a lot of sense; it's fast, affordable, and has tons of variety. Also it has something few restaurant chains can offer: Global Consistency.

As the world becomes more globalized, people become more mobile, I can only think that fast food will become bigger and bigger.
Yes, with take out, and food delivery it only becomes more easier than getting the ingredients and spending an half hour, or an hour cooking a meal. I can't believe how many uber eat drivers are lined up inside waiting for their orders.

•••
The double cheeseburger combo is my jam. They have really good fries there, too.

**Note to self - this is NP's, just go on back to Twitter.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well if they want any of them back, the cost of UDRP is not peanuts compared to annual reg fee.

But they have been losing TM cases https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49254551

McDonald's has lost its exclusive claim to the "Mc" trademark on some of its food products within the EU after a dispute with an Irish fast food chain.

Supermac's, which owns more than 100 fast food restaurants in Ireland, complained to the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).

The EUIPO ruled McDonald's had not proved genuine use of the "Mc" prefix on some of the products it trademarked.

It is Supermac's second partial victory this year in the EU branding dispute.

•••
So, back to McD's force deleting these domains. At the end of the day, I do think it was a little over zealous for McD's to go in and force delete these names, as quite a few were set to expire in June of 2020. Now, they might not have all been diamonds, but some did have value (quite a few were complete junk, though). The one I picked up has organic traffic and that's besides the referral traffic coming from NP's.

mctravel 556 USD 2019-10-01 DropCatch
mchappy 376 USD 2019-10-01 DropCatch
mcfood 376 USD 2019-10-01 DropCatch
mcexpress 364 USD 2019-10-01 DropCatch

Last edited:
•••
I think it's interesting but personally don't see any monetary value in pursuing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back